TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Merlin has arrived at home!

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by pvogel, Mar 17, 2016.

1. pvogel

pvogel Member

1253 days after reserving him, Merlin has arrived at home! First things first, the competition plane fits nicely! I'll need to build a little stand for the tail to rest in instead of the box on end that you see in the picture here, but that is fine.

I've found no flaws in the car so far!

Ludicrous is truly ludicrous, wow. Quick run to the grocery store this evening and I hit the pedal to pass another vehicle like I would in my Prius v and before I could blink I was last the guy like he was stopped! When I did a test launch I felt like Chevy chase in Spies Like Us! My wife loved the speed!

I need to get the 'feel' for the regen braking, it's sometimes more, sometimes less than I expect. I need to use the real brake less!

This car is YUGE. I knew intellectually it would be a tight fit in the garage, you really see it in one of the pics attached, I have a few inches more room in the back to play with but I've brought it into the garage successfully 3 times now without issue.

Home link programming was very straight forward. It's sending the arrival open signal a little too soon, I'll have to see if I can dial that in!

Autopilot home was awesome, though I was a little distrustful of autopilot on the HOV 880-237 transition curve. I'm going to LOVE autopilot!

Time for bed! I'm so psyched! I love this car!

PS. Name seemed appropriate, a kind of falcon and magical!

Attached Files:

• Like x 9
    • Love x 1
  2. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

#2 K-MTG, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    Congrats!!!!! Which wings do you like better, the plane or the Model X? Would love to here your experience down the line, hopefully no build quality issues. Lastly, I know I asked this question a billion times: What do you think of the panoramic windshield, is it adequate at blocking sunlight? Also, did you get the sunshade?

3. Festerfeet

Festerfeet Member

Looks great, your colour scheme is exactly the same as I hope to order (when DS opens to me). I also hope that the wait is rewarded now that you finally have Merlin.

Congratulations

4. DarrinR

DarrinR Member

Congratulations. Enjoy

5. loganintx

loganintx Member

Thanks for the rear view mirror shot. Don't think I've seen someone post the view from that mirror yet. Blue on Tan looks sharp!

6. elguapo

elguapo Member

Awesome! Love the blue - that's my choice too!

Glad to hear no issues. Have fun and enjoy!!!

7. Hogfighter

Hogfighter Professional Lurker

Way to go! You've waited patiently for so long. Enjoy!

8. Vitold

Vitold Member

Seats four...and a plane. Which other SUV can do that? Congrats.

9. dutchinchicago

Congratulations. 1752 hours till I can pick up mine ;)

• Funny x 1
  10. jsollender

jsollender Member

snaps and congrats to you and your wife. Enjoy your reward for your patience.

11. Waldek

Waldek Member

Congrats! Such a beauty :)

12. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

Congrats, and I love the blue! Concerning the tight fit in your garage, how do you bring the vehicle in? Your X must already have given the "stop" warning as you near the wall of the garage. Is there enough info from the X's sensors to position the vehicle in the garage by sensor information, or do you need someone visually looking as you bring it in? Are a tennis ball on a string or a mirror in your future?

13. X Fan

X Fan Member

That is one good looking vehicle (ordered same except for white seats and different wood).

Enjoy!

14. neisner12

neisner12 Member

congrats! looks great!

15. digicool

digicool Member

Congrats, car looks very pretty!
    Mine will be same color scheme as yours.

16. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

Nice Tesla grin. Glad to see your car has arrived. Thanks for the pictures.

17. pvogel

pvogel Member

Plenty of info from the sensors, yes they are red and it stops telling me the distance at 12" but this car creeps forward so gently it's very easy to judge the position from there.

I do have a laser dot system, but I haven't positioned/calibrated it for the X yet.

18. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

Congrats - welcome to the club. You're going to love it. It's the greatest road-trip vehicle I've ever owned. NJ to Richmond was a breeze. Next up - Orlando April 9th.

19. electricity

electricity Member

ha!! I also ordered a 6 seater so i could fit my little jet!! :) Could u take a few more pics detailing how the plane fits ? I assume mine is a bit longer but not sure. Awesome! And congrats!

20. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Big "congratulations" to you. I hope you are finding it worth the wait, the price, and more.

Thanks for the pictures, and don't become a stranger now that you've got your wizard.