Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Merlin has arrived at home!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1253 days after reserving him, Merlin has arrived at home! First things first, the competition plane fits nicely! I'll need to build a little stand for the tail to rest in instead of the box on end that you see in the picture here, but that is fine.

I've found no flaws in the car so far!

Ludicrous is truly ludicrous, wow. Quick run to the grocery store this evening and I hit the pedal to pass another vehicle like I would in my Prius v and before I could blink I was last the guy like he was stopped! When I did a test launch I felt like Chevy chase in Spies Like Us! My wife loved the speed!

I need to get the 'feel' for the regen braking, it's sometimes more, sometimes less than I expect. I need to use the real brake less!

This car is YUGE. I knew intellectually it would be a tight fit in the garage, you really see it in one of the pics attached, I have a few inches more room in the back to play with but I've brought it into the garage successfully 3 times now without issue.

Home link programming was very straight forward. It's sending the arrival open signal a little too soon, I'll have to see if I can dial that in!

Autopilot home was awesome, though I was a little distrustful of autopilot on the HOV 880-237 transition curve. I'm going to LOVE autopilot!

Time for bed! I'm so psyched! I love this car!

PS. Name seemed appropriate, a kind of falcon and magical!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    447.6 KB · Views: 436
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    409.1 KB · Views: 410
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 402
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 402
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    356.6 KB · Views: 397
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    450.1 KB · Views: 408
Congrats!!!!! Which wings do you like better, the plane or the Model X? Would love to here your experience down the line, hopefully no build quality issues. Lastly, I know I asked this question a billion times: What do you think of the panoramic windshield, is it adequate at blocking sunlight? Also, did you get the sunshade?

Last edited:
Congrats, and I love the blue! Concerning the tight fit in your garage, how do you bring the vehicle in? Your X must already have given the "stop" warning as you near the wall of the garage. Is there enough info from the X's sensors to position the vehicle in the garage by sensor information, or do you need someone visually looking as you bring it in? Are a tennis ball on a string or a mirror in your future?

Congrats, and I love the blue! Concerning the tight fit in your garage, how do you bring the vehicle in? Your X must already have given the "stop" warning as you near the wall of the garage. Is there enough info from the X's sensors to position the vehicle in the garage by sensor information, or do you need someone visually looking as you bring it in? Are a tennis ball on a string or a mirror in your future?

Plenty of info from the sensors, yes they are red and it stops telling me the distance at 12" but this car creeps forward so gently it's very easy to judge the position from there.

I do have a laser dot system, but I haven't positioned/calibrated it for the X yet.