Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Merritt Island (FL) Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a permit for an alarm system at 1545 E Merritt Island Causeway, the address of the former Toyota dealership.

Note the last two entries.

Merritt Island Service Center permit 1.jpg

Larry

Reactions: MarcoRP
Yea I'm pretty excited too. I wonder if this is the smallest town to ever get a SC? I really did think they were pulling my leg while over at Orlando. I did drive by yesterday and didn't see much if any activity, it's amazing how close the color scheme (Toyota) matches Tesla, I'm thinking they barely have to do anything to the building short of putting up new signage.

I didn't see the original post here when I posted Friday so Larry moved it to this thread. Not sure how I missed the original thread, thought I had a major scoop. At least I helped tie down the location.

Yea I'm pretty excited too. I wonder if this is the smallest town to ever get a SC? I really did think they were pulling my leg while over at Orlando. I did drive by yesterday and didn't see much if any activity, it's amazing how close the color scheme (Toyota) matches Tesla, I'm thinking they barely have to do anything to the building short of putting up new signage.

I didn't see the original post here when I posted Friday so Larry moved it to this thread. Not sure how I missed the original thread, thought I had a major scoop. At least I helped tie down the location.
Hi Obie,
No problem. Thanks for the recon, it helped to narrow the permit search.
It looks to me that this will be a fairly larger service center.
On your next visit to the site, if there's anything going on, please take some high-resolution photos.

Larry

So I just dropped my S off in Orlando for the Infotainment Upgrade. The guy looks at my license and says you owe me lunch. He says Tesla is putting a Service Center in Merritt Island. It's going in the old Toyota dealership across from Walmart on 520. I really though he was pulling my leg. Says it is scheduled for 24 Nov.

Oh and I got a Model Y loaner. :)

Nice that you got a loaner. My last visit (to replace a/c compressor that had shredded itself-I think largely due to their error in servicing but I'll never be able to prove that) I got an old 85. Sounded like it had a tool box rattling around behind the drivers seat and the brakes would regularly lock as I was backing up. A MY would be nice and I have an appointment in Orlando on 11/24.

But I digress: I think an opening on 11/24 on Merritt Island is optimistic: new conditions were added to the permit application yesterday (10/30) but they may just be administrative. I hope to get by there today and take some pictures

Well, I have an image of the updated conditions but it doesn't display properly. Not sharing the ability that Larry has with his permit post.

Attachments

• Merritt Island Tesla Building Permit.pdf
    219 KB · Views: 72
Anybody from around the area has probably been by this place. Here are some pics taken 10/31. Nothing much going on but 5 charging posts have been installed and are surrounded by plywood at this time. Otherwise, just a vanilla former Toyota dealership. Lots of parking and an out building (may have been used car office). Pictures 1,2,4 outside of building. Pictures 3,5,6,7 charging installation detail. Picture 7 looks across 5 chargers toward FL520 , Merritt Island Causeway.
IMG_0644.jpeg
IMG_0645.jpeg
IMG_0646.jpeg
IMG_0655.jpeg
IMG_0651.jpeg
IMG_0648.jpeg
IMG_0650.jpeg

Drove by this afternoon and there was a cleaning crew there and that is about all the activity there is.

As dw8928's pictures show there are 4 Tesla's in back: one S registered in FL and 3 untitled M3s one of which is so dirty it could be a barn find.

Chargers are in the same state and configuration as last week's pictures posted above.

I still maintain that an 11/24 opening seems optimistic. But, I hope they prove me wrong.

Drove by this afternoon and there was a cleaning crew there and that is about all the activity there is.

As dw8928's pictures show there are 4 Tesla's in back: one S registered in FL and 3 untitled M3s one of which is so dirty it could be a barn find..

Upon further examination (in the FWIW or Who cares categories) I mistook the MY for a M3. So, a MS, 2-M3, and 1 MY.