Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Merritt Island (FL) Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume it will also be a sales center? Looked like Zero work has been done in the showroom area.
Thanks for the update.
This facility appears large enough to support a store in addition to service. I think that eventually, we will see a sales area, but it is likely that Tesla would prioritize service over sales in terms of expediting opening the facility.

Larry

IMG_0678.jpg
Stopped by today. Two ICE vehicles and some lights on inside. Perhaps some wall studs being installed. Not much else; one garage door open but little other visible activity. Five Tesla EVSE installed. Opening in 5 days? I really doubt it. Didn't try the EVSE. Should have; they owe me ( and a few hundred thousand others). ;)

Just created an account to share my excitement/relief as well! Just scheduled an appointment for 12/7!

I'm south of Melbourne, so my options were Eatonville or West Palm, neither being convenient.

Hopefully they're more responsive than Eatonville. I had a great experience the first couple times I was there, but lately they haven't been as friendly. Maybe just COVID?

Stopped by today (11/27) to "snoop". An employee(perhaps Service Manager?) came out to see if I needed assistance.

Said scheduled opening will be Monday 11/30 but they are in a "soft opening" phase. Showroom may happen in another quarter or so.
Thirty year old building and lots to do to bring it up standards.
Our club hosted a Virtual Meetup with the Regional Service Manager last night. He confirmed this information.

Larry

Reactions: Ciaopec
Our club hosted a Virtual Meetup with the Regional Service Manager last night. He confirmed this information.

Larry

@Larry Chanin Any words of wisdom or thoughts after the meeting? Background of service manager? Feeling for how the operation may differ from others or how similar it might be? Thanks for sharing if you are permitted. Thanks!

@Larry Chanin Any words of wisdom or thoughts after the meeting? Background of service manager? Feeling for how the operation may differ from others or how similar it might be? Thanks for sharing if you are permitted. Thanks!
Hi Ciaopec,

As you know, the significant increase in sales has stressed service operations. Our Virtual Meetup with the Regional Service Manager was arranged so he could address our club members regarding what Tesla Service is doing to catch up with sales in Florida.

The meetup only briefly touched on the Merritt Island Service Center. I informed him that I had received positive feedback from our club members and the Space Coast Tesla community at large. I stressed something to him that I had passed on to senior Tesla Management. That is, in certain areas such as the Panhandle and the Space Coast, there is a pent-up demand for Teslas. Prospective buyers are holding off on two things, a nearby Store or Sales operation in which to obtain a test drive and a Service Center. So, I specifically asked him if there was going to be a Sales operation at Merritt Island. As you learned from your visit, they do intend to eventually open up Sales next year. Understandably, service operations are their first priority.

In a follow-up conversation with another Service Manager, he volunteered the opinion that the manager assigned to Merritt Island was very competent. I didn’t discuss with the Service Team how service operations might differ at Merritt Island. However, in my opinion depending on the size of the service center, regular, lite, or large, within a similar type, they would want to have consistent practices wherever possible. They are, of course, compelled to adhere to the same service policies.

Larry

• Informative
Reactions: Ciaopec
Gonna need a lot more than 5 charging stalls during big SpaceX launch events.
Hi Rich,

So as to avoid impacting operations, it is likely that Tesla would discourage unplanned gatherings in their parking lot.
Regarding charging, the new Titusville Supercharger is only 25 miles away.
The onsite chargers are not for public charging, but to support their operations. It's possible that they may reinstall the enclosures shown in posting #11 if necessary to discourage uncoordinated gatherings.

After the dust clears at Merritt Island, I will contact the Regional Manager to learn if it would be possible to accommodate limited numbers of members from official Tesla Owners Clubs during SpaceX launches that are off-hours. Our club has the resources to invite and track the number of participants to ensure the number of attendees are manageable. Of course, there are no guarantees that this will be permitted, but it has more of a chance than unplanned gatherings of the public.

Those who are interested in joining our official Tesla Owners Club, please visit our website at teslaownersflorida.org, and click on the Join Us link.

Larry

Hi Ciaopec,

As you know, the significant increase in sales has stressed service operations. Our Virtual Meetup with the Regional Service Manager was arranged so he could address our club members regarding what Tesla Service is doing to catch up with sales in Florida.

The meetup only briefly touched on the Merritt Island Service Center. I informed him that I had received positive feedback from our club members and the Space Coast Tesla community at large. I stressed something to him that I had passed on to senior Tesla Management. That is, in certain areas such as the Panhandle and the Space Coast, there is a pent-up demand for Teslas. Prospective buyers are holding off on two things, a nearby Store or Sales operation in which to obtain a test drive and a Service Center. So, I specifically asked him if there was going to be a Sales operation at Merritt Island. As you learned from your visit, they do intend to eventually open up Sales next year. Understandably, service operations are their first priority.

In a follow-up conversation with another Service Manager, he volunteered the opinion that the manager assigned to Merritt Island was very competent. I didn’t discuss with the Service Team how service operations might differ at Merritt Island. However, in my opinion depending on the size of the service center, regular, lite, or large, within a similar type, they would want to have consistent practices wherever possible. They are, of course, compelled to adhere to the same service policies.

Larry

Thanks Larry for the details. Did the regional manager give any indication when a South Orlando service center may be opened? Jerome Guillen tweeted they were scouting for locations in South Orlando. Hoping Merritt Island SC and an eventual South Orlando SC will take the strain off of Eatonville. A friend tried to book service there recently and the wait time was 6 weeks, which is pretty crazy.

Thanks Larry for the details. Did the regional manager give any indication when a South Orlando service center may be opened? Jerome Guillen tweeted they were scouting for locations in South Orlando. Hoping Merritt Island SC and an eventual South Orlando SC will take the strain off of Eatonville. A friend tried to book service there recently and the wait time was 6 weeks, which is pretty crazy.
Sorry for the delayed response. At our Virtual Meetup, the Regional Manager mentioned that they had a couple of candidates for the South Orlando Service Center, but no estimate for an opening date. He thought that they might open Sales Operations at Merritt Island perhaps in the first quarter of next year.

Larry

• Informative
Reactions: dixosw
FYI...
Google maps is now showing Merritt Island SC and a new Orlando SC at corner of 528 and Orange Blossom 441, and with a warehouse? about a mile away east of that location.