Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Merry Tesmas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
Merry Christmas to my Tesla Family.
I had a pretty good "take" of Tesla gear including tire chains, a water bottle & 2 T-shirts!
uvadu4eh.jpg

Merry Christmas to my Tesla Family.
I had a pretty good "take" of Tesla gear including tire chains, a water bottle & 2 T-shirts!
uvadu4eh.jpg
Merry Xmas to you too! And everyone I've met in person.

However, Evan, this brings up a special point for me. My GF was going to get me something Tesla for Xmas but complained that the Tesla store had so little.
But then she remembered something I had told her long ago.
If a company wants me to advertise by wearing their clothing, they pay me. Capitalist that I am!
You'll never see me wearing any logos unless they're incredibly subtle.
When I've bought an ICE in the past, I always remove dealer badging including license plate frames.
My UK car, ... the dealer told me if the badging was still in place for the x,000 mile service, they would knock £50 off the bill. No dice.

But for Tesla?

I talk them up at parties when there's a suitable segue.

As much as I believe in sustainable energy, I would still sooner be subtle about it. Kinda like religion. Rarely discuss it, nor politics for that matter; unless of course, it coincides with energy.

Merry Xmas to you too! And everyone I've met in person.

However, Evan, this brings up a special point for me. My GF was going to get me something Tesla for Xmas but complained that the Tesla store had so little.
But then she remembered something I had told her long ago.
If a company wants me to advertise by wearing their clothing, they pay me. Capitalist that I am!
You'll never see me wearing any logos unless they're incredibly subtle.
When I've bought an ICE in the past, I always remove dealer badging including license plate frames.
My UK car, ... the dealer told me if the badging was still in place for the x,000 mile service, they would knock £50 off the bill. No dice.

But for Tesla?

I talk them up at parties when there's a suitable segue.

As much as I believe in sustainable energy, I would still sooner be subtle about it. Kinda like religion. Rarely discuss it, nor politics for that matter; unless of course, it coincides with energy.
While I agree with that philosophy in general, for those things I believe most in I am willing to promote for free. My car says Tesla on it and has a couple "T" logos. I like being able to strike up conversations when the name or logo intriques someone. While it may be Tesla I'm advertising for, the big picture is what I'm really promoting. I want people to "get it" with EVs and Tesla is the instrument I can use to show what is possible. For that, I'll advertise for free.