Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mesh grille

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do not know if anyone has asked about this before, but what do you think about replacing the plastic grille with a custom metal, either stainless or chrome mesh grille. Would be interested in hearing from everyone on their thoughts. I saw a picture of something like that somewhere but wonder how it would look.

480-tesla.jpg

Thanks for the links, I think the mesh is a bit to much. Having said that there are some prototypes that are less glitzy that look nice. A more muted, softer look. We will have to wait and see once I get my MS, but could be an option if someone comes out with a custom grille some point down the road.

Thanks for the links, I think the mesh is a bit to much. Having said that there are some prototypes that are less glitzy that look nice. A more muted, softer look. We will have to wait and see once I get my MS, but could be an option if someone comes out with a custom grille some point down the road.

It's also non-functional. There's no grille there because there's no need for one. The necessary openings are below the nose cone. Form follows function.

You would think that someone would come up with a tastefully done mesh grille, either stainless or chrome that would incorporate the Tesla logo.

it would look nice with a grill. however, the problem is that the cone is important for keeping the low drag coefficient. so even with a grill you would have to have it closed just behind to keep a fairly low drag. and even the rough surface of the grill would damage the drag coefficient...... unless if course tesla has perfect through flow of the air that enters the car at this point..... but I doubt that :)

Are there any aftermarket companies that make a chrome/mesh grill for the Tesla Model S? We just ordered one and I really would prefer a chrome look on the front.

teslaccessories.com (they pioneered the Center Console Insert) have something in the works. Look for a thread by Soflauthor on the CCI where there are mentions of the custom nose cone too.