Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Message me about any 2010 roadsters for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am very serious about buying but need to shave a bit off the price (hence used) so I would very much appreciate a note about any 2010 roadsters for sale. Hopefully before long I will be posting to this fine site as an owner.

In Colorado.... Do you figure the owner will pocket the state tax credit despite selling the car?

Possibly not, depending on the detailed rules. The new EV incentive in Ontario requires you to own the vehicle for at least a year. Of course it doesn't say what will happen if you decide to sell it, but the implication is they'll want the money back.

1,670 miles in Tesla?

1. Would I be crazy to try to drive that Roadster from Denver 1,670 mi back to the East Coast? With couchsurfing.com I could set up a string of homes to charge up at along the way. Say I had the time to do it, does that sound like an adventure? Or a nightmare?

2. I've heard that the roadster isn't so keen on prolonged high-speeds and that there can be heating issues etc. Would that pose a problem?

3. They just improved the seats in 2.5. Are they that bad in Roadster 2.0?

4. Any ideas how much it would cost to ship it instead?

1. If you like adventure and a road trip, why not?

2. Those reports are about autobahn speeds, for instance trying to stay over 100MPH for long periods. Also, driving really hard on the track. For USA highway driving, no problem. You could cruise along at 70MPH as long as you want as long as there is juice left in the pack.

3. Personally I think they are fairly good in the 2010s already.

4. Depends on who you use. Very rough ballpark: $1000

1. Would I be crazy to try to drive that Roadster from Denver 1,670 mi back to the East Coast? [...]

2. I've heard that the roadster isn't so keen on prolonged high-speeds [...]

3. They just improved the seats in 2.5. Are they that bad in Roadster 2.0?

4. Any ideas how much it would cost to ship it instead?

1. I've taken a 3,000 mile trip in mine, so no I don't think it's crazy. You can also use campgrounds; just look for ones with 50A electrical service. I will admit that I hit a few challenges--campgrounds aren't used to EVs!--but I was, obviously, able to overcome them all. Almost half of the trip used SoCal charging stations...now that was nice & easy.

2. As TEG said, absolutely no problem at legal speeds.

3. I had no problem with the seat on my trip. My only issue was the stitching on the steering wheel. Taking driving gloves.

4. Last year I shipped an EV 900 miles for $600, I think. That was on an open trailer; a closed one was $200-300 more.