TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Message "Trunk is ajar" is missing, schematic indication on touch sreen too

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by Holger, May 2, 2018.

1. Holger

Holger Member

hi folks,

new (small) trouble on my 2.0! since my last self service (PEM plus motor cleaned, rear fan replaced) i do not get that message "Trunk is ajar" anymore when the car is beeing started and it´s s tail is open. also the indication (red trunk) in the schematic picture of the car on the touch screen (when the parking brake is engaged) is missing. all other indications work. could the cleaning job have caused the failure or did this coincidence become manifest randomly?

any idea which switch/sensor is responsible for the specific signal and fails? the electric contact switch near the left trunk locking seems to switch the trunk light only. i can not find any other responsible switch or connector.

thank you!

Holger

2. MLAUTO

MLAUTO Member

The switch on the left is the only one. It feeds into the VMS. Does your trunk light work?

3. Holger

Holger Member

yes, the trunk light works.
    when i pull the plug from the switch it goes out and starts glowing when the plug is inserted again.

4. Holger

Holger Member

any further advice? :(

5. MLAUTO

MLAUTO Member

Thats a mystery. If the light works the car knows the truck is open. Maybe something got corrupted and you need to do a reboot.

6. Holger

Holger Member

yes, maybe so.
    i will have a complete update anyway next week in my service center (hope my car will accept the CAC of the swapped 2nd hand batterie then at last...).

7. supersnoop

supersnoop Tesla Roadster #334

The battery doesn’t have a CAC. The car calculates the CAC to help it understand the capacity of the battery.

8. Holger

Holger Member

sorry - the battery´s capacity. SOC then, right?

9. Peter.h

Peter.h Electric Newbie

Holger - I think what Supersnoop is saying is that there is no "capacity indicator" stored anywhere on the battery, so there is nothing to accept.

The car has an internal estimate of the battery capacity (CAC) that it constantly updates based on charging/discharging characteristics. That calculation assumes that the capacity only changes slowly. It will take a while and a number of cycles for it to catch up to the "jump" in capacity with the new battery.

SOC (State of Charge - Ladezustand) means how "full" the battery is (and that you can measure "live")

10. Holger

Holger Member

thanx for info, peter. i knew already. will get that update neverthless and hope the trunk message will also work again then. very strange...

11. Peter.h

Peter.h Electric Newbie

Viel Erfolg! Where in Germany are you located? I'm from Neumünster, just north of Hamburg - moved to California 8 years ago.