Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Messed up my silver trim on my dash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I tried super glueing down the dash cap from tsportline I installed recently. The cap seemed to fit fine on the passenger side but doesn’t sit all the way on the driver side corner. I decided I would try to super glue it down since it stays temporarily by simply holding it down. The double sided adhesive doesn’t stick well on that side so I used glue. Unfortunately it didn’t really do anything except make a mess and get onto the silver trim below the dash piece. I tried taking a wet cloth to wipe it off and eventually rubbing alcohol. It didn’t come off and I scratched some of it. I’m debating whether I should just have that section wrapped in a silver vinyl or if it would look good wrapping the whole bottom piece across to the passenger side in a metallic blue to match the outside color of my car. I realize doing the top piece to match would probably look better but would be very difficult to do. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 41B35169-66A9-4BC1-98F3-0B749A76313F.jpeg
    41B35169-66A9-4BC1-98F3-0B749A76313F.jpeg
    286.1 KB · Views: 136
Just tried acetone and it definitely helped. Didn’t have time to get it all off but it looks better. If I can get it a little better I’ll probably just leave it. If not I may have it wrapped. Still like the metallic blue idea but I think getting the area behind the steering wheel would be difficult.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde