Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Metal or rubber pedals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if I just haven't noticed, and I've searched the forums about this... Every picture I've seen of a Model S interior shows metal accelerator and brake pedals and dead pedal. Mine are all black rubber. Did I miss something?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    989.8 KB · Views: 1,104
It is either a Signature or a Performance feature. Not sure which since I have Sig Perf.

I think Perf feature.

Many of the folks customizing their cars to a heavy degree also bought the Perf, so maybe that's the reason many photos show the metal pedals.

It's been discussed before.

Generally speaking, Perf has metal pedals and non-Perf does not. I say generally speaking because I have a fuzzy recollection that some vehicles had the "wrong" pedals.

I checked with my SC about getting the metal pedal covers separately and they could not. Doesn't seem like they have the extra parts right now sitting around to sell as accessories separately from the car.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I picked up a pair of aluminum pedals from my service center today. They had them in stock for $250 for the pair, and I installed them myself within a few minutes.

The part numbers are:

ACCELERATOR PEDAL PAD - 1005916-00-A
BRAKE PEDAL PAD - 6008130-01-A

I need to get the part number for the aluminum dead pedal.

I picked up a pair of aluminum pedals from my service center today. They had them in stock for $250 for the pair, and I installed them myself within a few minutes.

The part numbers are:

Wow, anyone interested in the alum pedal covers should buy them now at that price. I'm sure Tesla will raise the price to like $1000 if it's ever in the online store, lol.

The part numbers are:

Jello-if you manage to find the part number for that dead pedal, please share, as I would love to have that one match the other 2 pedals. Many thanks!

Panacea, have you tried asking your service center? I got those part numbers above for the accelerator and brake from my service center. I'm sure they'd be willing to share the part number for the dead panel as well.

Panacea, have you tried asking your service center? I got those part numbers above for the accelerator and brake from my service center. I'm sure they'd be willing to share the part number for the dead panel as well.
Actually, I have an appointment for fog lights retrofit on Tuesday so I will ask and post if I am successful.