Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Metal vs Plastic inside rear hatch...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Methinks that carrerascott has the sound upgrade and the blue one does not. I believe that is the location of the subwoofer and possibly extra amplifier. Gently reach into the footwell, towards that hump and you should feel the sub speaker rubber surround and flat cone. Cars without the sound upgrade do not have the sub and larger amp, so no hump.

I do have the sound upgrade though I doubt that explains the lack of shiny parts in the trunk. ;-)

Thanks guys for the info about the sound studio and sorry for derailing the conversation...

I picked-up my non-performance (and non-sound studio package -- obviously) 85 kWh two weeks ago and I do have the shiny chrome pieces, flimsy footwell cover, and even an "85" badge.

The rear side cover is a bit strange. It's a nice additional storage area for me. I've never seen it before in four or five cars at the showroom that have Sound Studio, nor does mine have it (no sound studio). I was told the sub is in the passenger side larger hump, although I've never been able to verify it. Perhaps they moved it? Here's the "official" diagram from Tesla.

temp.jpg

I'm looking at adding a sub. If anyone who has Sound Studio can verify it's location (and/or changed location) that would be great!