TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Metallic Paint colors back to $1000

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by hdAge, Aug 24, 2018.

1. hdAge

hdAge Member

It looks like Tesla reverted back their recent increase in metallic paints. All metallic paints are back to $1000, Red and White multi coat back to $1500. The destination and doc fee is still $1200 though.

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 10.22.34 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 10.22.43 PM.png

2. Adam3

Adam3 Member

I am not seeing that.

3. hdAge

hdAge Member

Interesting. I just took those screenshots about 15 mins back.

4. Goatdan

Goatdan Member

Shows the original pricing for me too. First time I've looked at the edit screen. Wanted to figure out the difference between the two blacks...

I still can't figure that out though.

5. Canikony

Canikony Member

One is like a metallic black, looks pretty sweet up close but from far away it just looks black lol... IMHO, hard to justify paying 1k for that.

6. JoeCoolMan24

JoeCoolMan24 Member

Nope, still shows $1500 and $2000 for me.

7. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Active Member

If you edit your order you get original pricing of when you configured, AWD price will stay the same and paint prices are the same.

If you configure a new car then the prices show the new prices.

• Like x 1
  8. Goatdan

Goatdan Member

Yeah, from what I can tell, for me it makes no sense. I have had two black cars in the past, and a bit of dust or dirt never bothered me on it. I feel like the Obsidian might hide that slightly better, but for $1000 to correct an issue I've never noticed in my two previous cars ever, I can't imagine I'll care.

9. UnknownSoldier

UnknownSoldier Unknown Member

I have a P3D order that went in last week, my edit button has not disappeared yet. If I call Tesla with this active but not delivered order, will they tell me to pound sand or can I get my paint upgrade price adjusted?

10. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Member

Also the Premium White interior ($1500) is now available for the Non Performance Dual Motor.

11. Kiyi

Kiyi Member

I thought this was available a few weeks back?

12. S5S5G6

S5S5G6 Supporting Member

That’s been the case for awhile. Over a month.

13. ftlum

ftlum Member

I think the OP is seeing the website fix for orders placed before the price increases. Edits to old orders now correctly reflect the lower prices for when the order was placed. Orders placed after the price increases are still high I think, and the website still shows erroneously high prices for me. I edited my order when there was still this bug where any editing of any sort caused your entire order to increase to the new prices. If I try to make edits now, I still show the new higher prices, even though I originally ordered before the price increases.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  14. JTwo

JTwo Member

I just logged on (7:10am PST) and am not seeing that.

15. Jedi2155

Jedi2155 Model 3 has Arrived.

These prices are only valid if you configured your car before August.

• Like x 1
  16. NYGFan1

NYGFan1 Member

I reserved 3/31/16 in store noon, Initially configure 5/31 for AWD White ext/Black int 19 EAP, and
    Switched on 7/23 to AWD White/White 19 EAD/FSD, and White ext went from 1000 to 1500.
    So if that is the case I will make an argument to get $500 off once I get a VIN and IDA!

17. hdAge

hdAge Member

Yes, you should be able to get your $500 back. Either your account will be updated automatically or you can talk to Tesla when a VIN gets generated and they call you for the delivery process.

18. hdAge

hdAge Member

It certainly looks like the original price of $1000 (for Metallic paint) is only reflected for people who made the reservation and configuration before the price hike. I'm glad to see Tesla fixing these things. So far they seem to be honoring Free Premium Internet for anyone who made the reservation by 6/30, original price for metallic paints, AWD and multicoat paint who had the reservation by August and hopefully the free supercharging for P3D will be available for anyone who configures by 9/16.

19. JoeCoolMan24

JoeCoolMan24 Member

Made a reservation, or placed an order? I am a Day 1 reservation holder, but have not placed my order.

20. dhanson865

dhanson865 Active Member

I have no existing order and just tried on two different web browsers. Both show $1500 for blue paint.