Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Metallic Paint colors back to $1000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like Tesla reverted back their recent increase in metallic paints. All metallic paints are back to $1000, Red and White multi coat back to $1500. The destination and doc fee is still $1200 though.

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 10.22.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 10.22.43 PM.png

One is like a metallic black, looks pretty sweet up close but from far away it just looks black lol... IMHO, hard to justify paying 1k for that.

Yeah, from what I can tell, for me it makes no sense. I have had two black cars in the past, and a bit of dust or dirt never bothered me on it. I feel like the Obsidian might hide that slightly better, but for $1000 to correct an issue I've never noticed in my two previous cars ever, I can't imagine I'll care.

I think the OP is seeing the website fix for orders placed before the price increases. Edits to old orders now correctly reflect the lower prices for when the order was placed. Orders placed after the price increases are still high I think, and the website still shows erroneously high prices for me. I edited my order when there was still this bug where any editing of any sort caused your entire order to increase to the new prices. If I try to make edits now, I still show the new higher prices, even though I originally ordered before the price increases.

I reserved 3/31/16 in store noon, Initially configure 5/31 for AWD White ext/Black int 19 EAP, and
Switched on 7/23 to AWD White/White 19 EAD/FSD, and White ext went from 1000 to 1500.
So if that is the case I will make an argument to get $500 off once I get a VIN and IDA!

I reserved 3/31/16 in store noon, Initially configure 5/31 for AWD White ext/Black int 19 EAP, and
Switched on 7/23 to AWD White/White 19 EAD/FSD, and White ext went from 1000 to 1500.
So if that is the case I will make an argument to get $500 off once I get a VIN and IDA!

Yes, you should be able to get your $500 back. Either your account will be updated automatically or you can talk to Tesla when a VIN gets generated and they call you for the delivery process.

It certainly looks like the original price of $1000 (for Metallic paint) is only reflected for people who made the reservation and configuration before the price hike. I'm glad to see Tesla fixing these things. So far they seem to be honoring Free Premium Internet for anyone who made the reservation by 6/30, original price for metallic paints, AWD and multicoat paint who had the reservation by August and hopefully the free supercharging for P3D will be available for anyone who configures by 9/16.