TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Metro Vancouver the luxury car capital of North America

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Canuck, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

2. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Interesting...I would have guessed Naples, Fla...

3. Al604

Al604 Member

I always thought I saw a lot of super/luxury cars in Vancouver, finally some evidence...

4. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

I am not surprised by this. It seems to me that in the last 2-3 years the number of really high end luxury cars around town has increased significantly. For instance I probably see a Lamborghini or Ferrari about once a week these days, even in winter. I used to see such cars perhaps once every 6 months or less.

5. beeeerock

beeeerock Active Member

I saw this clip on TV the other night... at 22 seconds, they talk to the 20 year old 'kid' who is picking up his $270,000 Aston Martin, because 'he needed a car immediately after crashing his Bentley'...

I guess anything less would simply be inadequate. And I won't even speculate on how the Bentley came to be wrecked...

I would wager he's never learned how a shovel or a hammer functions. Or how public transit works.

It's not the Vancouver we used to know. Now it's about entitlement and conspicuous wealth. When you ponder the reasons, you quickly realize that holding the highest per capita supercar statistic is actually something that Vancouver should be ashamed of... because it's not always about working hard.

6. swrving

swrving Member

I often stay at the Fairmont Waterfront and the Valet spots often has some pretty nice machinery parked right out front. I've seen two Tesla's out front plugged in and charging on more that one occasion as well.