Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a Tesla, but travelled close to 80,000 kilometers in 26 of the 31 states and federal district in a 21 foot motor home. Way fun.

That would be us on the baha about 7 years ago...second from the end.

dcp_1061.jpg

Beautiful shot. Makes me think of Chris Isaak. It would be even nicer if one of the S3XY line-up could be seen there. Actually you can get all the way to Acapulco via Tesla SC. Anyone here that has gone south of Laredo or McAllen TX?

Mexico update: General Manager resigned/replaced effective date 01.01.2019. Absolutely no press coverage. Same goes for Mexico communications director.

It was her (GM)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/françoise-lavertu-stevens-4b0448/

IMO, totally incapable.

"overseeing Latin America biz development" my ass. That was Mexico, nothing else.

Supercharger curfew in central Mexico still not fixed.

Do you know how many sales Tesla had in Mexico in 2018 or the size of the Tesla Mexican fleet?

Can't find any info online.

@BlueShift @Chuq the marker for the Chilpancingo de los Bravo Supercharger is completely off point. It is located on the green strip (look on photo)
I commented on the supercharge.info forum thread about sites needing updates with the info and a link to your post. So, it should hopefully be fixed soonish. Looks like SC.info got their location from Tesla's map, which as your attachment shows is to the wrong place.

While Tesla appears to have no immediate plans for Superchargers in western Mexico, I observed on Tesla's map that there is Destination Charger coverage all the way down the Baja California peninsula to Cabo San Lucas!

Has anyone here driven their Tesla a significant distance south of the California border?
A new 6-stall supercharger just opened up in Ensenada, Baja California: Ensenada, Mexico | Supercharger?

It didn't appear on Tesla's "coming soon" locations prior to showing up in the navigation though. So, there may be other locations in Baja that are also in the development process without anyone knowing. But even without any additional stations, if you use just a little bit of destination charging, this station will enable round trip travel from San Diego all the way to San Felipe or El Rosario without needing to charge overnight. Though San Felipe was already reachable on the same terms by using the El Centro, CA supercharger and crossing the border at Calexico/Mexicali.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: abasile
Cross-posting from a comment I made in another thread:
A new 6-stall supercharger just opened up in Ensenada, Baja California: Ensenada, Mexico | Supercharger?

It didn't appear on Tesla's "coming soon" locations prior to showing up in the navigation though. So, there may be other locations in Baja that are also in the development process without anyone knowing. But even without any additional stations, if you use just a little bit of destination charging, this station will enable round trip travel from San Diego all the way to San Felipe or El Rosario without needing to charge overnight. Though San Felipe was already reachable on the same terms by using the El Centro, CA supercharger and crossing the border at Calexico/Mexicali.

• Informative
Reactions: Darren S
Cross-posting from a comment I made in another thread:

That's great news.
Hopefully soon a Tijuana SC
Or maybe that San Ysidro SC that has been "coming soon" for a couple of years