Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cross-posting from a comment I made in another thread:
A new 6-stall supercharger just opened up in Ensenada, Baja California: Ensenada, Mexico | Supercharger?

It didn't appear on Tesla's "coming soon" locations prior to showing up in the navigation though. So, there may be other locations in Baja that are also in the development process without anyone knowing. But even without any additional stations, if you use just a little bit of destination charging, this station will enable round trip travel from San Diego all the way to San Felipe or El Rosario without needing to charge overnight. Though San Felipe was already reachable on the same terms by using the El Centro, CA supercharger and crossing the border at Calexico/Mexicali.
The only super charger station we found in the Baja was the Ensenada one located at Km 103 on Hwy 1. That being said, there are plenty of destination chargers all the way down to Cabo San Lucas. Most were free to use even without a stay or meal. Most were conveniently located to other services, restaurants, hotel, shopping, baños etc. The Pemex gas stations were happy to wash our windows for a small tip and the chance to see a Tesla.

New supposed V3 Supercharger under construction in Tepatitlan, Mexico at Punto la Gloria Shopping Center
2EDD95B1-50D1-4ED5-B6E3-DAFEC02BB931.jpeg

First photo from @Unixmac on Supercharge Info: New Supercharger in Jalisco Mexico under construcion

FF6DC3A3-007F-499B-A334-7919581057BD.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I just wanted to report the new Super charger location currently under construction in Mexico. Its going to be first V3 Supercharger location in Mexico when it opens Next month! Its the Tepatitlan de Morelos SC located in the Punto La Gloria shopping mall. It will be a 4 Stall 250 kWh stall SC. The first stop on the CDMX to Guadalajara rout on the Morelia route. I know the guy who is building it! :) I wanted to post it to supercharge.info but it seams it can only be done with a post here.

Google map link here

Tesla Link here
Why did you send a meme as the last pic :confused::confused::confused:

So far, I’ve refrained from posting about this since the person who took this photo is a member on the forum and told me he’d post when he gets home from a road trip. Anyway, it’s been 3 days since I was given the info, so I’ll just post it. Sal sent me this photo of a new Supercharger coming to Álvaro Obregón (Morelia) at the Hotel Aeropuerto Morelia. 4 V3 stalls. Will link the pin here.
266CC0C3-9679-4787-8702-CEFBA5995E39.jpeg

So far, I’ve refrained from posting about this since the person who took this photo is a member on the forum and told me he’d post when he gets home from a road trip. Anyway, it’s been 3 days since I was given the info, so I’ll just post it. Sal sent me this photo of a new Supercharger coming to Álvaro Obregón (Morelia) at the Hotel Aeropuerto Morelia. 4 V3 stalls. Will link the pin here.View attachment 549719

Kinda of a cool location. Kinda half way between San Miguel and Patzcuaro. Some of our favourite hang outs. There is still a lot of dead zone for Superchargers between California and Guad though.

I hope they start adding more chargers in Baja.. either Tijuana/Tecate/Mexicali.. sucks we just have destination chargers, and a few. Its strange Elon hasnt started deploying down here considering he wants the Cybertruck to be used on Baja offroading

Reactions: PStewart
Why not??
I was extorted by a pair of motor scooter policia near Mexico City for 3/4 of my cash ($300) at a remote second location. They threatened to tow and impound my new Model 3 for 48 hours. The second cop was pushing for $5000--it looked like he had googled "Tesla" on his phone, the way he kept showing his partner the results. Plus the roads were so bad and other vehicles might drive without lights, night driving wasn't safe. Day 1 I made the mistake of getting off the main toll way because NAV re-routed around a major accident. Only found my way back with phone connectivity. 5 minutes from the toll road, you're in a third world country. The toll road is quite nice, though pricey. Only long haul truckers and the upper middle class seemed to use them. The truckers were very friendly and courteous, though. We sat through a multi-hour road closure on day 2, me wise to avoiding a second eventful detour. Other than that....:)