Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on this assessment..

..it’s still a thing on off the beaten path routes.
Not a Tesla but I’m sure this is an example of such an encounter:

Several of the video comments point out that those aren't cartel members. They're a group of armed civilian vigilantes who try to keep drug smugglers and cartel members out of their community. Still, this encounter shows that venturing off the beaten path can be quite risky, as these vigilantes are there for a reason.

I wonder if a safe route on toll roads can be made to all the Tesla Superchargers.

When I was 7 and my father got us stuck in prison for the afternoon, we were on the Mexico City, Acapulco, Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlán over Christmas trip, I would like to do that again w/o the bad parts. I believe we flew in and outta Mexico City. Looks like that would actually get me near most of the chargers. If I enter via TX I can hit them all except Cancun and Chihuahua. The one off California's border I can get from the other direction.

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 7.45.04 AM.png

Last edited:
I wonder if a safe route on toll roads can be made to all the Tesla Superchargers.

When I was 7 and my father got us stuck in prison for the afternoon, we were on the Mexico City, Acapulco, Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlán over Christmas trip, I would like to do that again w/o the bad parts. I believe we flew in and outta Mexico City. Looks like that would actually get me near most of the chargers. If I enter via TX I can hit them all except Cancun and Chihuahua. The one off California's border I can get from the other direction.

View attachment 841531
Not really. And I learned the first day not to listen to the nav to detour around big accidents. A couple hundred meters off the toll road and it was worse than Cambodia. Almost impassible dirt roads, cars going the wrong way through roundabouts, creating extra lanes on the “shoulder.” Plus the nav was useless trying to get back on the toll road, presenting routes that didn’t exist. Was saved by my cell phone map. Next day I spent 3 hours sitting with the truckers waiting for an accident to be cleared on the toll road. Far safer than exiting. Bring lots of pesos, though. It’s expensive. Which limits it to commercial truckers and the upper classes. And exchange your money before you get there or you’ll be wandering around and trying to park in less than desirable neighborhoods hunting down an ATM. Insurance was over $40 a day. The deposit with the registration was about $500.