Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MIA: Teslaoffer/EVoffer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had generally positive experiences with EVOffer, but their customer service has taken a dive since Raymond stopped getting involved in any kind of support. Now it all goes through the single Telegram contact, which I don't use except to speak to them, and I've seen days go by before I get a reply.

Ordered some kit back at the start of February, it still hasn't shipped. I only found out that it was backordered by going onto Telegram and asking about it, the website shows everything in stock and takes full payment up front.

Regarding the frunk kit - I bought one for my Model 3 back in 2021, fitted it and it lasted just under a year before the cinch motor failed to soft close the hood. Got a replacement under warranty, which lasted around 6 months. In both cases it was clear upon disassembling the cinch motors that they had rusted out inside. The frunk is not a sealed enclosure, water gets in it fairly freely and condensation is a perennial issue. The cinch motor they supply is a general off the shelf part, which they instruct you to stick and/or cable tie to a random place. Depending on your luck it might last for years or several weeks. If you're really unlucky when it fails it will hold the hood closed and you'll be trying to use the emergency pull cable to release it. This cable can be a one-time only remedy, snapping with the force required to release the motor.

I ended up removing my frunk kit despite having paid for a 3rd cinch motor because I didn't want to roll the dice again and risk not being able to get into the frunk. It's a great product but the lack of waterproofing for motors that are exposed to the elements is a critical flaw in my opinion.