TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Miami, FL - Window Tinting Recommendations

Discussion in 'Florida' started by bluetrevian, Aug 19, 2014.

1. bluetrevian

bluetrevian New Member

2. ajs1974

ajs1974 Member

The Dania Beach Tesla Service Center did mine a few weeks ago and it looks phenomenal. I've received several compliments about it.

3. Brit4864

Brit4864 Member

I had mine done there as well shortly after I took delivery of it last July (2013). It still looks great now. Unless it's changed, it was done by a third party vendor but billed through Tesla.

4. auger

auger Member

If you want PhotoSync, AutoSuperShield in Boca is the only place in SoFL that does it as far as I know. They have a rental car place nearby.

5. KennyB-FLL

KennyB-FLL Member

Fort Lauderdale, FL and Rehoboth Beach, DE
    I too can vouch for Pepe @ AutoSupershield. I've been using them for over 11 years now, and they've done 5 of our cars tint and clear bra over the years. I too will be having the Tesla done as soon as it comes...whenever that is. Still waiting. By the way, Pepe has recommended the PhotoSync for the Tesla tinting.

6. Premier Mobile

Premier Mobile Local Vendor - NorCal

We have been in the industry since 97 and there are very few companies that are still around...AutoSupershield is one of them. You will not have any problems...from what we've seen, they're solid on tint and clear bra. Good luck!

7. Nickjhowe

Nickjhowe Member

Pepi at AutoSupershield did my PPF and Specra Photosync. Great job. Highly recommended.

8. MajesticSound

MajesticSound Up is LOUDER

9. bluetrevian

bluetrevian New Member

Thanks for all the responses. Got a hold of Wendy at Luxury Vehicle Wraps | Automotive Paint Protection Film and was given the following information:

PhotoSync for a Tesla Model S is $600.00 for the sides and the rear windows. Front windshield is $225.00 and panoramic roof is $250.00.

Seems pretty steep, but might be worth it. Anyone else have good/bad experiences with the front windshield or panoramic roof?

10. Nickjhowe

Nickjhowe Member

Pepi did my front windshield and it is great. Blocks nearly all heat and isn't noticeably darker during the day or at night.

11. Rodolfo Paiz

Rodolfo Paiz P85 "Plug and Play"

I do notice the top of my head getting a little warmer in Miami, but I wouldn't want the pano roof any darker. I'd suggest using the lightest possible tint for the pano roof, and I'm happy with my 3M Crystalline 50% on the sides and back. Subtly darker than the clear, but not markedly so, and provides perfect visibility even at night. Can't compare Photosync to 3M, never seen the two together.

12. go go

go go New Member

any ideas on window tinting with 3M products.

I was looking into the 3M product line for window tinting does anyone know if that is ok to use or have used it before. It is a little less than what has been discussed here with the Spectra product. Please help......

13. mikedc813

mikedc813 Member

Are there any other recommendations for within Miami? Moving to Kendall next month so it would be nice to find a place relatively close.

14. Rodolfo Paiz

I'd love to hear recommendations within Miami as well. Even Brian's in Hollywood is a solid 45-minute drive north of central Miami... and in a city this big, with this many luxury cars, there simply must be a few great choices!

15. electricity

electricity Member

Hi guys, the people auto supershield in Boca don't want to do my model x windishield with photosync due to the size. Do you know any one else in south or central florida that would ?

16. GordonBremer

GordonBremer Member

We have a Model X Signature, red with tan seats. We find no need whatsever for window tinting. Even sitting in midday sun, the car cools off immediately. The AC works great, keeping the car at 72 degrees with the fan running at #4.

17. Rodolfo Paiz

My wife just changed cars (not a Tesla yet, but getting greener with a Cayenne plug-in hybrid) and I'm going to switch from Model S to Model X soon. I need to find an excellent Miami tinting place. Anyone have any suggestions?

Ideally, I'd like to use the Spectra Photosync. If not, I'm willing to look at other top-of-the-line options like the Huper Optik or the 3M Ceramic. What I'm not willing to do is to drive three hours north to Boca. :)

Any pointers appreciated!