Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Miami Formula E race

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We would like to attend as well. However, a Miami area Supercharger will be a key factor to making the event possible for Model S owners. Let's keep our fingers crossed. It would be a wonderful (free) marketing opportunity for Tesla. Hopefully, they won't miss out on it.

I have contacted the public relations manager at Andretti Sports Marketing some time ago and offered to participate in a photo opportunity, including a parade of Teslas driving the course at a sedate pace prior to the race. However, although we had been in communication earlier she chose not to respond to my inquiries or offer.

I have attempted to jog the public relations manager at Andretti Sports Marketing and finally received a very disappointing response, which may suggest that they do not have their act together.

Hi Lawrence,

Hope you are well!

Our apologizes for the delay on your email, but we have been working with Formula-e officials to build out the event. We are still in the process of deciding detailed information for the event like hotels, ticket prices and available packages. Once we receive more information on the Miami event, we will share!

Thanks,

Larry, this was in the local papers yesterday: Miami track unveiled for Formula E race | The Miami Herald - Maybe things are starting to get rolling on this event.

My wife and I are interested attending. We are close enough to not need to stay overnight in Miami or need any charging away from home. I suspect other interested members are in our same situation in addition to members that will travel from further away, need rooms and charging. If we're lucky (fingers crossed) the Plantation, Florida Supercharger will be operational by March 2015, which is close enough to eliminate the need for any other charging to/from downtown Miami.

I recall attending the 1984 Grand Prix on those same streets (30 years ago! Boy does time fly). It was terrific two-day event. A law firm I did business with at that time, had a private trackside hospitality suite (tent) that we watched the race from. It had about two dozen seats. The law firm also organized a dinner for the group within walking distance after the race while the traffic jams subsided. It worked out well. Something like that, if possible, might be nice along with a group deal on hotel rooms, maybe at the same place as a dinner gathering.

Last edited:
Any new updates on this event? Is there anyone in that area willing to put together this event for our club? It's difficult for Larry or I to put this together since neither of us live in the SE area. I realize charging is going to be the biggest obstacle depending on where people are driving from.
As I said above, If we're lucky, the Plantation, Florida Supercharger will be operational by March 2015, which is close enough to eliminate the need for any other charging to/from downtown Miami.

I've watched the papers and checked the website and haven't seen anything else about the event since my last post.

As I said above, If we're lucky, the Plantation, Florida Supercharger will be operational by March 2015, which is close enough to eliminate the need for any other charging to/from downtown Miami.

I've watched the papers and checked the website and haven't seen anything else about the event since my last post.

Thanks Bill, we appreciate your efforts. I think a lot of people are interested in this event but wondering what the alternative will be if the SC is not ready by then and the race is a go.