TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Miami/Fort Lauderdale Supercharger

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Madartist, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Madartist

Madartist Member

#1 Madartist, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    The Miami/Fort Lauderdale Supercharger dot have been around for a while now but there is still no news. Looks like the Tampa Supercharger may be imminent. :smile: Has anyone heard anything yet? It's really not possible to travel to the keys without this key supercharger in place.

2. aviators99

aviators99 Model S - R140

We'll have to wait until it is built to see if it is eminent. ;-)

3. WPB

WPB Member

Guy at the service center last week told me the Marathon Supercharger was waiting on the permits and should happen soon. he also said they still didn't have a location for the Miami/Fort Lauderdale one yet.

4. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Member

The lack of a Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Supercharger also makes it very difficult for those of us who wish to visit Miami and return to the north where the closest station in Pt. St. Lucie. Why is this location so difficult for them? With the high volume of tourism in Florida, I would have thought Miami to be a priority.

5. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

Hi Don,

During the initial roll-out of the Supercharger network Tesla started devoting resources mainly to locations along major highways between destinations. They are now beginning to also devote resources to what they call Urban Superchargers. Back in September of last year they attempted to get the ball rolling on a Supercharger in Plantation, but what I would characterize as overly zealous permitting requirements have delayed that project. We have reason to believe that work will start this month there.

Tesla recognizes the importance of the Miami area and they are planning another Supercharger in the Miami area roughly just 30 miles from the the Plantation location.

Larry