Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plantation, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Larry I am already a member although haven't had a chance to attend an event yet.

To the folks that had issues and took pictures....I didn't take any photos but will next time.

All I can say is that we parked, plugged in, got the family out the car and took the stroller out the trunk and went to TooJays for lunch. Did not have any issue.

I imagine if you over reverse then maybe you would have a problem but I didn't. I wouldn't say there was a ton of slack to the charge cable but I wasn't straining to reach the car either.

I promise to have photographic evidence Next time

Thanks Larry I am already a member although haven't had a chance to attend an event yet.

To the folks that had issues and took pictures....I didn't take any photos but will next time.

All I can say is that we parked, plugged in, got the family out the car and took the stroller out the trunk and went to TooJays for lunch. Did not have any issue.

I imagine if you over reverse then maybe you would have a problem but I didn't. I wouldn't say there was a ton of slack to the charge cable but I wasn't straining to reach the car either.

I promise to have photographic evidence Next time

Huh...maybe they already set the signs back? I don't doubt you at all. Your MS doesn't have any different back end the NBKs and it does look close in the picture. Anyway...I'll be careful.

Huh...maybe they already set the signs back? I don't doubt you at all. Your MS doesn't have any different back end the NBKs and it does look close in the picture. Anyway...I'll be careful.

I took the picture.
I was also charging when I took the picture.
I also took a stroller out of the trunk right before I took the picture.
Its not an issue if you don't back up all the way up to the curb stop.
If you back all the way up to the curb stop, like you basically have to in estero, your trunk may hit the sign.
Just a warning.

I think I have some info on the sign controversy. Station 4A sign is farther back than all the others. At that station you can back up to the curb and open your trunk but not at any of the other bays, you must be a few inches off the curb as indicated by the picture. Easiest solution is to move the curbs a few inches. The chargers will still plug in.
Curb w: not touching.jpg

Not Touching but really close.jpg
Signs in relation to chargers.jpg
4A Sign.jpg

Another thing I found funny is all other curbs in that parking lot have been removed recently.
No Curb.jpg

Anybody coming by today, Christmas, TooJays is open! Crowded, but open. Great!

- - - Updated - - -

:love:Anybody coming by today, Christmas, TooJays is open! Crowded, but open. Great!

Need a new site already. Just stopped and all but one spot occupied. Slowed charging.
one pulled out and another pulled tight in. Busy sight. Definitely a marketing sight for passersby.

Part of this likely because of holiday travelers that may be beginning their trek back up north.

I'm inclined to agree that the additional Supercharger traffic is probably attributable to the increased holiday traffic.

Nevertheless, I believe that Tesla is seriously considering adding another "Miami" area Supercharger Station not far from the Plantation Supercharger Station. If you look at the https://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger map for 2016 there appears to be a planned Supercharger pin in the Miami area.

Larry