Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plantation, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A location at the intersection of I-95 and I-595 would be strategic and would be useful at some point in time (but I'm not sure that Plantation is precisely located at that intersection). Personally at this time I would rather see a location closer to the outskirts of Miami such as The Shops at Pembroke Gardens.

Larry

Just curious, why?

The earliest east coast SC locations are on I-95. I don't see the logic of following I-95 down the entire east coast only to go west and put a SC in the suburbs once you get to SoFL.

Hi Gary,

Your point is well taken. However, we now see that that is what the Fountains location would have a traveler following I-95 do, go west and then back east to return to I-95. Admittedly for I-95 travelers this Plantation location is superior to The Shops at Pembroke Gardens. Being from the east coast I was influenced by The Shops being located off of I-75 which is the route I would be taking.

I suppose a 14 mile detour is not all that bad in the grand scheme of things, but as I mentioned earlier a location actually AT the intersection of I-95 and I-595 would be better for those traveling along I-95. That would put a location somewhere in Dania Beach or Fort Lauderdale. Maybe in the long term, when Supercharger congestion becomes a real issue, Tesla will put another station there.

Larry

Last edited:
That may be good for travel away from 95 on the turnpike. Just transfer at Port St Lucie over to the turnpike.
Thanks for the map Larry. Lots of restaurants and stores there but also traffic can be a pain.
The map says Sunpass toll road for 595. There is no toll on 595 unless using the express lanes which can't be accessed if you want to get on University (817)
Mark

My source just informed me that a City Council meeting is tentatively scheduled for October 22. Meetings start at 7:30 pm. It is not known when the Supercharger issue will come up on the agenda.

As the date nears I will confirm the date of the meeting and inform our local club members.

Larry

I think it's a great spot. As I stated before, it's right off the Turnpike, which is the best way to the Keys.

Larry, please keep this board notified about the council meeting. I can potentially get many residents there (even current non-owners).

Hi Ron,

Will do.

We have three club members that live in Plantation and I will contact them directly when I know the date is firmed up and the Supercharger is definitely on the agenda. Local residents may carry a bit more weight than non-residents, but I can see the value in having nearby town residents also show up. I do have some concerns that if a lot of advocates showed up that didn't live in the neighboring towns it could be counter productive.

Larry

Yes, that is the point I have made to a city official. Nevertheless, if the meeting was overrepresented by out-of-towners, it might have a negative backlash and the Council Members might simply regard it as outsiders with an agenda.

Larry

I could see that. I was thinking of actual Plantation residents (or those who work there). If it turns out that it would be useful for neighboring cities (like mine and Davie) to show up, I could get as few or many as would be useful and not counterproductive. I leave it up to you, since you're in communication.

I could see that. I was thinking of actual Plantation residents (or those who work there). If it turns out that it would be useful for neighboring cities (like mine and Davie) to show up, I could get as few or many as would be useful and not counterproductive. I leave it up to you, since you're in communication.

Thanks Ron,

You and I are on the same wavelength. If you have friends or know workers in Plantation you might want to alert them to the possibility of a public meeting on October 22nd.

Larry

Last edited:
There's probably a Fountains Tenant Association. It seems that they would be the ones to educate and motivate to show up at the town council meeting. They have more to gain than residents or local Tesla owners. One or more tenants "championing" the idea to the town council would carry a lot of weight.

I agree that location is a nice compromise for travelers on the Turnpike, I-75 and I-95. For many years, I worked nearby, regularly ate at the various restaurants there and many visitors to my company stayed at the Courtyard behind the Fountains. Unfortunately, I don't personally know any business owners or managers that are Fountains tenants, but maybe other FTE members might.

Guess it really does not affect me as I am less than a mile from the fountains other than I just got my HPWC installed.:mad:

Sawgrass will not be a good location due to then parking situation at that mall. It is always busy, then there is the weekends.... it is a zoo.
Guarantee the parking spots will get ICED.

Fountains is about 1/2 mile from I595 so East West I guess it works. I75 from the fountains takes me 7-10 mins and I drive it every day. I95 is about 10-15 mins in moderate traffic.
There are restaurants galore and lots of shopping to be had so a good location for amenities.

Guess it really does not affect me as I am less than a mile from the fountains other than I just got my HPWC installed.:mad:

Sawgrass will not be a good location due to then parking situation at that mall. It is always busy, then there is the weekends.... it is a zoo.
Guarantee the parking spots will get ICED.

Fountains is about 1/2 mile from I595 so East West I guess it works. I75 from the fountains takes me 7-10 mins and I drive it every day. I95 is about 10-15 mins in moderate traffic.
There are restaurants galore and lots of shopping to be had so a good location for amenities.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your input.

As a resident would you consider speaking at the City Council meeting promoting the Superchargers as being a good thing for the City of Plantation?

Larry

Hi guys, I've just registered to comment on this thread. It's exciting to be able to get frequent updates on Supercharger sites. I'm watching Ocala, Tampa, and now Plantation here.

I travel past Plantation frequently on Turnpike/595, and would love to see a supercharger in The Fountains. I'll be happy to speak to the City Commission if I'm in town and it would be useful. I'm not a resident of Plantation, but of a nearby city.

Additionally, I was on the Town of Davie's Green Energy and Environmental Committee for its whole four-year existence, and was Vice Chair for the last two years. This does not give me any political contacts in Plantation, but I thought I'd mention it.

Hi guys, I've just registered to comment on this thread. It's exciting to be able to get frequent updates on Supercharger sites. I'm watching Ocala, Tampa, and now Plantation here.

I travel past Plantation frequently on Turnpike/595, and would love to see a supercharger in The Fountains. I'll be happy to speak to the City Commission if I'm in town and it would be useful. I'm not a resident of Plantation, but of a nearby city.

Additionally, I was on the Town of Davie's Green Energy and Environmental Committee for its whole four-year existence, and was Vice Chair for the last two years. This does not give me any political contacts in Plantation, but I thought I'd mention it.

Hi,

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for your offer of assistance, that would be great.

Can I correctly assume from your interest in this subject that you own a Model S?

If you are interested in joining our Florida Tesla club, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry

I'd certainly be interested in attending the Council meeting on the 22nd. Do we know where and what time it is? As for the Fountains location, it would be a good place. The Sawgrass is a better location but as Steve says, it gets really busy there, especially on weekends and parking is near impossible.

I'd certainly be interested in attending the Council meeting on the 22nd. Do we know where and what time it is? As for the Fountains location, it would be a good place. The Sawgrass is a better location but as Steve says, it gets really busy there, especially on weekends and parking is near impossible.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks.

We won't know for sure until October 20th. On the 20th go to Plantation.org and check the city clerk's department for the agenda. Even after confirming that Tesla is on the agenda I don't think we will be able to determine a time. All meetings start at 7:30 pm and it could be late in the evening.

Larry

Last edited: