Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plantation, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Larry:

Thank you also for your welcome ... and for starting and maintaining this forum!

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the attaboy. However, to give credit where it is due, the founders of TMC are to be thanked for this great forum. Nigel and I were successful in persuading them to start the public regional forums and the private group forums. Nigel was a very active moderator both here and in the higher trafficked forums. I moderate our club's private Florida Tesla Enthusiasts forum and I have taken over Nigel's public Florida moderator duties. Fortunately most folks that frequent these forums are very well-behaved so its not much of a chore.

Larry

Partial approval, ruh-roh

Probably means nothing. I hope it's not the beginning of déjà vu all over again . . .

Attachments

• Partial.JPG
    Partial.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 711
Here are a couple of pictures from this morning. Looks like they have the frames of 3 of the 6 supercharges up. Hopefully the rain from what is left of Erika did set the project back too much. This is a very convenient location from 595, albeit university drive can be busy during rush hour. Enjoy.
image.jpg

We were the brown Tesla you saw -- our delivery date was 2 weeks after yours. We've been having lunch at the TooJays in the Fountains for 7 years -- excitement (and frustration) off the charts when we saw where the "Miami" supercharger was to be located. Really looking forward to topping off while at lunch!

Looks like they should be done in a few weeks.

So when is the official opening party? ;)

Welcome to the forums.

Tesla seems to have stopped their ribbon-cutting ceremonies. I can't blame them based on the rate at which they are installing Superchargers.

When the Supercharger becomes a done deal our club will see what we can do to organize a meet-up nearby.

Larry

Last edited:
I'll bring the ribbon. Who's bringing the giant scissors? :biggrin:
Even though Tesla understandably has stopped ceremonies does not mean we cannot have one ourselves. How about asking, say, Larry, to find out exactly when it will open so we an organize a meetup to celebrate ourselves.

since you're providing the ribbon I'll provide the scissors. I suggest we draft Larry to be the official ribbon-cutting dignitary.

Even though Tesla understandably has stopped ceremonies does not mean we cannot have one ourselves. How about asking, say, Larry, to find out exactly when it will open so we an organize a meetup to celebrate ourselves.

since you're providing the ribbon I'll provide the scissors. I suggest we draft Larry to be the official ribbon-cutting dignitary.

Hi JC,

You give me too much credit. :redface:

As you no doubt know, it is not Tesla's policy to provide firm dates for just about anything let alone something that is subject to the permitting and inspection process. That's why I stated we need to wait until this Supercharger Station is a done deal before making plans.

Larry

Hi JC,

You give me too much credit. :redface:

As you no doubt know, it is not Tesla's policy to provide firm dates for just about anything let alone something that is subject to the permitting and inspection process. That's why I stated we need to wait until this Supercharger Station is a done deal before making plans.

Larry
Yes, I know. But we can dream.:crying:

Hi all

I will be going to Ketwest on the 19th of this month, I would love to stop there, better yet I would love to charge there, any bets on if it will be open by then?
@tinpandave

I highly doubt Plantation will be ready before 9/28. I drove by yesterday, and they're making progress, but it looked more than 2 weeks out. Frames for 7 stations were set up, but no wiring has even begun yet. I suggest you stop by Dania Beach for a charge instead.

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the photo and welcome to the forums.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

I was planning on a quickly at (Tours in the Glades & Everglades Hostel ) I will be stopping at the Hampton in Homestead for the night. Has anyone used this place for charging ?

Dave

Hi Dave,

You are driving this thread off-topic.

However, this may help:

Everglades International Hostel

I'll be moving these post to the Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations thread.

Larry

Hi Ron,

Yes, that was my point.

I've asked Steve to suggest some places. I know that you are doing a lot of long distance comuting. Any chance that you might be around for this?

As a local I would value any suggestions that you might have.

Larry

Considering that the superchargers are in the Chili's parking lot, my feeling is that the meet-up should be at Chili's. Who knows what they are thinking about what the superchargers will do? They might think that they will use up parking spots with no benefit to them. We should give them a taste of the benefits. We can also let them know about what TGI Fridays does in PSL. Maybe they'll do something similar.

There's always a chance I'll be around for a weekend. I'm around this weekend, but not the next two.