Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plantation, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a great trip to Plantation, of which my return never would have been possible without the help of a forum member offering a home charger. Had a great time, and the charge was most appreciated....!!!

I also stopped by the new Plantation Supercharger location as promised, and saw nothing new since the most recent pictures posted here. No one was working there to speak with, either (just an ICE driver asking loads of questions about Tesla!)

The only thing I can add are some photos of what's behind that brick wall ... I haven't seen any posted here before:

IMG_7785.jpg

IMG_7787.jpg

IMG_7788.jpg

IMG_7794.jpg

Larry,

How about suggesting to Tesla that they cover up the signs until the electric is hooked up? I understand that we don't want to get people in the habit of parking there, but we also want to be good citizens and not restrict the parking spots when we can't even use them. Also, in its current state it has the appearance that it is done and that nobody is using them, which also gives a bad impression.

Larry,

How about suggesting to Tesla that they cover up the signs until the electric is hooked up? I understand that we don't want to get people in the habit of parking there, but we also want to be good citizens and not restrict the parking spots when we can't even use them. Also, in its current state it has the appearance that it is done and that nobody is using them, which also gives a bad impression.

Hi Ron,

I'll see what I can do.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Moderator note:

Moved several posting discussing charging alternatives to Plantation to Where to charge while waiting for the Plantation Supercharger to become operational.

Larry

Interesting that the pedestals are planted in the grass and not, say, on cement slabs on top of the grass. I like the look of it.
Hi Glen,

Since there's no apparent curb it would be prudent for Tesla to both extend the parking lines back toward the charging terminals and to install parking bumpers to mitigate the likelihood of backing into a charging terminal or sign.

Larry

Larry,

Geez relax... it's only 6 parking spots at the very far end of the mall parking... I can assure you that there was a LOT of free parking spots availables (near the entrance)...

No need to deploy so much energy for 6 spots that would not be used anyway...

Sometimes doing too much is too little...

Geez relax... it's only 6 parking spots at the very far end of the mall parking... I can assure you that there was a LOT of free parking spots availables (near the entrance)...

Hopefully this will quickly be a moot point if the Superchargers are energized soon.

Regardless, its not a big deal to bag 6 signs. I informed the Tesla project manager that we could get a local club member to do the work for them if they wished.

Larry

Last edited:
Hi Glen,

Since there's no apparent curb it would be prudent for Tesla to both extend the parking lines back toward the charging terminals and to install parking bumpers to mitigate the likelihood of backing into a charging terminal or sign.

Larry

Sadly that can happen even with curbs. Let's just say I am happy my car has Xpel Ultimate on the rear bumper!

For the record, I'm perfectly relaxed. I don't think it's "so much energy" to put a few bags over the signs. I wasn't talking about the lack of spots per se. It is more about trying to mitigate bad feelings that already exist regarding Tesla owners and entitlement. I can envision people seeing those empty spots with their signs and saying, "See, we shouldn't have approved this. They are built and nobody is even using them."

For the record, I'm perfectly relaxed. I don't think it's "so much energy" to put a few bags over the signs. I wasn't talking about the lack of spots per se. It is more about trying to mitigate bad feelings that already exist regarding Tesla owners and entitlement. I can envision people seeing those empty spots with their signs and saying, "See, we shouldn't have approved this. They are built and nobody is even using them."

I agree. Whether it's needed or not, I don't know. But, it's a good idea regardless. Definitely wouldn't hurt.

A member on the TESLA FLORIDA Facebook page reported that "I just got off the phone with Dania Beach. It's finished and just waiting for the power grid to be switched on. They don't know who went and removed the Yellow tape that used to cordon off the location but they're going to let the SuperCharger team know."

Our photos here on Nov 3rd indicate that the tape was removed some time ago.

Back on Oct 13 we received the following report:

I was at Tesla in Dania Today and they told me that the charger should be up and running within 2 weeks.. Therefore maybe end of October we are good!

Not that I'm sceptical concerning the accuracy of Dania Beach's information, but...:biggrin:

Can a local member please swing by the location and confirm whether the power transformer has even been set?

Thanks.

Larry

Last edited: