Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plantation, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg

I went by the site this afternoon and saw this. These men were digging the ditch for placement of the main incoming power, with the conduits visible in the photo. The lines have not yet been extended to mains, but the bulk of the run has been completed. I spoke with the onsite engineer who told me the physical connections would all be complete "in about two weeks" following which a city inspection takes place, the trenches will be closed and then the FPL permitting process happens, followed, we hope,mby the Tesla activation. Considering all the Plantation issues I'll place my bet for a late December activation. It could be sooner...

Awesome to hear and see. This is really a cool supercharger set up. Really. It looks like it's in the perfect location. The construction company did a nice job, the current job looks like good progress, and doing a good job. I also want to say THANK YOU to the company, city or people that allowed the supercharger to be installed at this location for us Tesla User's. I hope the Tesla Supercharger location will be up soon. But we are all waiting patiently, we want all the requirements done, like inspection, testing the supercharger see if they are up to necessary power and see if everything is safe before being used by the Tesla Users. I will check out the site as soon as I get a Tesla Model 3.
Ron

Stopped by this afternoon. They had just finished pulling three large wires (phases, I assume) through the conduit that goes diagonally under the intersection. I thought they were going to have to rip up the street for this so that's a plus. I'm pretty sure the transformer is going to be set by the end of the day. I didn't see anyone from FPL around.

Also, bumpers have been installed in front of the superchargers.

IMG_20151130_131648.jpg

IMG_20151130_131636.jpg

Stopped by this afternoon. They had just finished pulling three large wires (phases, I assume) through the conduit that goes diagonally under the intersection. I thought they were going to have to rip up the street for this so that's a plus. I'm pretty sure the transformer is going to be set by the end of the day. I didn't see anyone from FPL around.

View attachment 102810

View attachment 102811

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the photos.

Ah... the missing ingredient!

In your first photo you will notice that there is a cable pole across the street. In the photo the pole looks like it is coming out of the cab of the crane truck. That is probably where the primary supply is located.

Larry

Last edited:

Excellent update, forward progress!

Thanks for posting!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I took these photos this afternoon as I was returning from the TMC Florida event at Norman Love in Fort Myers (a great experience!).
as the photos show the transformer is installed on it's pad, but the meter has not been installed. The transformer FPL document pack is still attached, so obviously FPL has not yet completed work on the transformer installation. All the underground is now covered so that portion of the work seems to be complete. It's any bodies guess how long remains. After all it is Plantation.