Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plantation, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need it for New Years Eve weekend. Getting the car hopefully last week of December and immediately taking a trip to Miami from Bradenton. This would make everything EZ PZ with a stop in Fort Myers and then the Plantation supercharger. Rather surprised Tesla isn't communicating anything. They are usually excellent in their communications about most things.

I need it for New Years Eve weekend. Getting the car hopefully last week of December and immediately taking a trip to Miami from Bradenton. This would make everything EZ PZ with a stop in Fort Myers and then the Plantation supercharger. Rather surprised Tesla isn't communicating anything. They are usually excellent in their communications about most things.

Really?!?!

As the photo shows, we're now waiting for the meter to be installed. Barring local issues it seems very close now, as in a day or two
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look closely at the picture there are no wires connected to the terminals. Clearly there is more than just the meter missing.
the wires are in place behind the housing, tied in a bundle. When the meter arrives the wiring can easily be connected. Clearly the power has not yet been activated but all the infrastructure is complete.

Let's all be happy that we have big expectations for the future generations ahead. Down the road from the present, 4 years from now. The United States will be covered in Tesla Supercharger's in every state and their will be enough charger units available for everyone. Tesla Model 3's will be the car of the future. The majority of individuals, throughout the country will charge their car at home. But if you're a traveler, you will most likely use the Tesla Supercharger system. To be more prepared for a better tomorrow. I would be going around and asking all the hotel business and mall area's if they would be setting up a car charger spots for customers, like Tesla Wall Charger or Charger Point. . Chargepoint a system that will charges the car and will would require the individual for paying for the power. The Tesla Wall Charger, a business can get up to two free charger units at no cost of buying the units. Destination Charging | Tesla Motors .
Let's all cross our fingers and hope for the best toward the Electric Car Revolution of Tesla Motors.
Ron

I was there around 9:30am today (Friday) and spoke with the electrical contractors who were waiting on... wait for it... wait for it... an inspection - LOL. They were very nice and informative. They said they expect it to be up sometime next week, or at least turned over to Tesla to activate it. They mentioned this is by far the longest one they've worked on, and that it usually takes about four weeks to do a complete install.

I have a question for those "in the know". What kinds of services or shops are in the immediate area. Specifically, if I'm driving through and want to charge for 20 minutes while I grab a coffee, where would I go, especially something open at 6am? This location is about half way along my 56 mile one-way commute, so I'm very happy about this opening. It's going to be super convenient for the times I get called back to work after just getting home. I'll keep my routine charging at home, but this is going to offer some peace of mind those few days a month where I really drive a lot.

I was there around 9:30am today (Friday) and spoke with the electrical contractors who were waiting on... wait for it... wait for it... an inspection - LOL. They were very nice and informative. They said they expect it to be up sometime next week, or at least turned over to Tesla to activate it. They mentioned this is by far the longest one they've worked on, and that it usually takes about four weeks to do a complete install.

Oh this is great news! By chance did he give you who the inspector was that is scheduled to come out? I have connections in the area and might be able to prod.

It's official! I spoke with one of the Tesla Service Center guys I've gotten to know, and he said this is officially the longest supercharger build in company history!
is that possibly because this location is to be used primarily by Model X so the opening must not predate substantial deliveries?
Of course we are all Model S owners, but...

Not even close. Greenville, SC took much longer as crazy as that sounds.

The contact probably didn't consider the first Greenville, SC site vs. the tear down and rebuild across the street. Which is sad, because it is the same exact process that caused this build to take so long - though the reasons for the tear down and rebuild are different in these two cases.

I have a question for those "in the know". What kinds of services or shops are in the immediate area. Specifically, if I'm driving through and want to charge for 20 minutes while I grab a coffee, where would I go, especially something open at 6am? This location is about half way along my 56 mile one-way commute, so I'm very happy about this opening. It's going to be super convenient for the times I get called back to work after just getting home. I'll keep my routine charging at home, but this is going to offer some peace of mind those few days a month where I really drive a lot.

See this link for a directory of all shops. TooJays opens at 8:00am usually. Most others are good lunch spots, not much early access.
https://m.malltip.com/fountains-4095/map

Here is a (High tech) picture of the SC location on the map.

SC Plantation.JPG

As the photo shows, we're now waiting for the meter to be installed. Barring local issues it seems very close now, as in a day or two

First of all, in these high power installations, the power does not pass through the meter. Current transformers (CTs) are used to remote the meter from the very large wires.

Some utilities allow power to be activated before the meter is installed. The Denver, CO Supercharger on I-70 was active and charging Teslas a week before the meter was installed.