Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plantation, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First of all, in these high power installations, the power does not pass through the meter. Current transformers (CTs) are used to remote the meter from the very large wires.

Some utilities allow power to be activated before the meter is installed.
All true. It is because of that that I reported all connections seemed complete, other than metering. Quite obviously the meter connections could not survive all that amperage, and the meter connection wiring is clearly quite small guage. believe her. Also, in this case we have seen quite astonishing delays caused by a variety of local issues, seemingly connected mostly to Plantation permitting and inspections. I would be amazed if anything out of order, no matter how trivial, would be allowed.

- - - Updated - - -

This thing is a done deal before Christmas no doubt. There is a lot more very close to the SC via Google Maps. Probably about the best SC spot I have investigated in FL. It may have been mentioned before but how many spaces?
Nothing is a done deal in Plantation until "the fat lady sings". IIRC there are eight stations.

FWIW the Plantation record for the project shows seven remaining inspections, four of which have not been scheduled, three of which are scheduled for the 14th. This seems suspiciously like more delay. Perhaps I do not understand.

FWIW the Plantation record for the project shows seven remaining inspections, four of which have not been scheduled, three of which are scheduled for the 14th. This seems suspiciously like more delay. Perhaps I do not understand.

Well...crapola. Lets see if they show up Monday and what changes. I'd think still before Christmas but I don't know Plantation that well. I do have a friend that works for the city.

Greenville didn't take nearly as long from permit to open though. Even so, according to the info on supercharge.info, there are a handful of other SuperChargers that took longer from permit to open:

Denton, TX:360 days
El Centro, CA:317 days
Plantation, FL:301 days
(and counting)

Permit was approved on 5/6/2014 and the site opened 11/10/2015 over 545 days later. Greenville still wins.
OK, Greenville is good to go. Permit approved yesterday. Equipment delivers Friday. Ground breaks Monday, 5/12. 2000 amp total service to site; 8 stalls. Contractor said he'll be done in 3 weeks.

Location: The Point, just around the corner from Yogurt Mountain. I'll post a google earth shot a little later.

I was at the site this morning while returning from Atlanta from Long Island, NY. I spoke to the construction crew. They have not yet received the Tesla equipment - expecting today or tomorrow, but they have dug out channels and installed the conduit. The pads for the Superchargers and the Utility Transformer will be poured shortly. The service will be 900kWh. They expect to have their construction done by the end of next week, but are not sure when the transformer will be installed. I gave the crew chief a ride, and he loved it. Location as previously report, next to Yogurt Mountain is correct.

The container in the picture is theirs, no Tesla equipment yet. The transformers and charger cabinets will be on the opposite side of the container shown, where you can see the tops of some trees.

View attachment 49288
View attachment 100606
Could this be a FIRST at 8:28 AM Tuesday, November 10, 2015.

I just checked today. Still not operational although the transformer makes a nice humming noise and they've stuck a lot of signs and placards over everything. I particularly like the "way past due" delivery note on the transformer. Very appropriate!

1463324_10207141404386221_2680102205329274271_n.jpg

12346435_10207141405546250_2851167083779237166_n.jpg

12347770_10207141405026237_6745394395699895685_n.jpg

I just checked today. Still not operational although the transformer makes a nice humming noise and they've stuck a lot of signs and placards over everything. I particularly like the "way past due" delivery note on the transformer. Very appropriate!

"Way past due." Is that like "coming soon?" Haha! Placards are progress. Thanks for the update!

View attachment 104465
FWIW, those shopping documents have been there attached to the Megatron since it arrived. However, the "nice humming noise" is entirely new and gives me a bit of hope. Thanks for posting this.