Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Miami Hotel EV Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

Posted a similar thread in the Florida board but was hoping to see if any fellow Canadians have used hotel charging stations in Miami?

I'm driving down in April to board a cruise and was looking around for hotels with EV charging stations. From the official Tesla destination charger map, I found the Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami International Airport has one 8 kW HPWC. The rates they are charging for our stay is reasonable and may book with this hotel. The other official destination charger from the Tesla website is the Trump National Doral hotel, though the rates are quite pricey.

I also found the Residence Inn Doral, though not on the official Tesla destination charger map, they do indicate they have 2 EV charging stations.

Anyone else have any recommendations on hotels around the area? Or if anyone had any experiences with the hotels I listed above. I tried searching plugshare.com for reviews and the only checkins available were from Trump National Hotel.

Any info is much appreciated. Thanks!

The Hyatt Regency Coral Gables is 15 minutes from the cruise ships and has Tesla destination chargers.
Hampton Inn Brickell has several J1772 and one destination charger. Their parking is reasonable and they're only 5-10 minutes from the cruise ships. If you're lucky you will see the owner's Fisker.
There are several others, but they're mostly more expensive. Plugshare has many locations with J1772. Coral Gables Municipal lots have J1772 and are cheap to park.
Tesla Destination Chargers (just zoom in to find Miami):
Find Us | Tesla
Before your April arrival the Brickell City Centre Superchargers will be open. There are 23 stations complete, just waiting to be turned on:
The Miami, FL - Brickell Supercharger location has been found & is under construction
Of the area locations listed on Plugshare I have used a few.

Were I in your situation I'd probably either charge at the Supercharger in Brickell City Centre or park at the Hampton Inn Brickell. Those are the two closest to the cruise ships, but the Hampton Inn has the cheaper parking cost. FWIW, I park there whenever I go to Brickell. Full Disclosure: Maybe I am biased since the hotel owner and I share the same tax attorney.

Thanks guys. Yes, I looked into Plugshare and did find other hotels, quite a few close to downtown Miami though the prices for those are quite a bit out of range for me. That's why I'm looking a bit away from downtown and mainly my post is an attempt to get some info on any personal experiences other users here have had. Unfortunately the hotels i listed above (Residence Inn and Embassy Suites) are unfortunately not listed in Plugshare.

The Hyatt Regency Coral Gables is 15 minutes from the cruise ships and has Tesla destination chargers.
Hampton Inn Brickell has several J1772 and one destination charger. Their parking is reasonable and they're only 5-10 minutes from the cruise ships. If you're lucky you will see the owner's Fisker.
There are several others, but they're mostly more expensive. Plugshare has many locations with J1772. Coral Gables Municipal lots have J1772 and are cheap to park.
Tesla Destination Chargers (just zoom in to find Miami):
Find Us | Tesla
Before your April arrival the Brickell City Centre Superchargers will be open. There are 23 stations complete, just waiting to be turned on:
The Miami, FL - Brickell Supercharger location has been found & is under construction
Of the area locations listed on Plugshare I have used a few.

Were I in your situation I'd probably either charge at the Supercharger in Brickell City Centre or park at the Hampton Inn Brickell. Those are the two closest to the cruise ships, but the Hampton Inn has the cheaper parking cost. FWIW, I park there whenever I go to Brickell. Full Disclosure: Maybe I am biased since the hotel owner and I share the same tax attorney.
Thanks! Yes I've been keeping an eye on the Brickell Supercharger (so is my wife / shopping!) Will consider the Hampton Inn parking.

Hi Everyone,
I'm driving down in April to board a cruise and was looking around for hotels with EV charging stations. From the official Tesla destination charger map, I found the Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami International Airport has one 8 kW HPWC. The rates they are charging for our stay is reasonable and may book with this hotel. The other official destination charger from the Tesla website is the Trump National Doral hotel, though the rates are quite pricey.

I can speak to the Embassy Suites by Hilton hotel. We rented a Model S on Uber and stayed there Dec 27th and Jan 2nd. To see them on PlugShare you have to set your filters to include Restricted Locations. They have both a Tesla charger and a J1772 plug. They are right next to the front door. Both nights the hotel parking lot was full and one spot was ICE'd, but I managed to park and charge in the other spot. One night before bed I thought I'd move my rental Model S in case someone else needed a charge but 3 or 4 other cars (ICE) were circling like vultures looking for an open parking spot. I walked around to confirm that's what they were doing and indeed I could see no vacant spots. Consequently I left my car where it was (sorry). The charging cords could easily reach the spot next to the EV stalls as well.

As for the hotel it was quite pleasant. The main floor/lobby area is undergoing construction but never heard anything in the evenings or when trying to sleep. One night there was a reception with free drinks, the other night we got in too late so I don't know if this is included every evening. With our booking, we got the included breakfast which was quite good. Usual cereals, yogurt, fruit and hot breakfast buffet (waffles, pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, etc.). Also two made to order omelette stations. Get there before 8am to avoid the lines.

Only complaint about the hotel was trying to follow Waze/Tesla nav instructions to get there. Very confusing and I circled around a few times before figuring it out. Once I figured it out, things were much better. It was a 15 minute drive from there to the cruise terminal on the toll expressway.

• Helpful
Reactions: Shaz
I can speak to the Embassy Suites by Hilton hotel. We rented a Model S on Uber and stayed there Dec 27th and Jan 2nd. To see them on PlugShare you have to set your filters to include Restricted Locations. They have both a Tesla charger and a J1772 plug. They are right next to the front door. Both nights the hotel parking lot was full and one spot was ICE'd, but I managed to park and charge in the other spot. One night before bed I thought I'd move my rental Model S in case someone else needed a charge but 3 or 4 other cars (ICE) were circling like vultures looking for an open parking spot. I walked around to confirm that's what they were doing and indeed I could see no vacant spots. Consequently I left my car where it was (sorry). The charging cords could easily reach the spot next to the EV stalls as well.

As for the hotel it was quite pleasant. The main floor/lobby area is undergoing construction but never heard anything in the evenings or when trying to sleep. One night there was a reception with free drinks, the other night we got in too late so I don't know if this is included every evening. With our booking, we got the included breakfast which was quite good. Usual cereals, yogurt, fruit and hot breakfast buffet (waffles, pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, etc.). Also two made to order omelette stations. Get there before 8am to avoid the lines.

Only complaint about the hotel was trying to follow Waze/Tesla nav instructions to get there. Very confusing and I circled around a few times before figuring it out. Once I figured it out, things were much better. It was a 15 minute drive from there to the cruise terminal on the toll expressway.

Thanks for the info! Good to know that the parking lots can be pretty full. My estimated time of arrival would be around 8-9pm on a Thursday night, hopefully it won't be full.

Thanks for the info! Good to know that the parking lots can be pretty full. My estimated time of arrival would be around 8-9pm on a Thursday night, hopefully it won't be full.
Keep in mind, Dec 27 & Jan 2 were during the Christmas break so I agree, hopefully it won't be as crowded. There was a charge for self-serve parking, $19/night if I recall correctly. There's valet parking too, but the chargers are right next to the door and in the self-serve lot so why pay for valet?!

Reactions: Shaz