Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Miami Hotel Recommendations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Depends upon whether you want beachfront or not. If not, the Biltmore in Coral Gables is really nice and has a fantastic pool. I've also stayed at the Eden Roc on N Miami Beach. It has a nice pool area and beachfront.

Both are historic hotels that have been well kept.

i do not know anything about vehicle charging at either location. I also defer to the SE Fl experts re hotels down that way. My last stays at both of the above locations were 2 and 3 years ago.

Hi Nigel,

I haven't stayed at any of these hotels, but they all have chargers.

Fontainebleau Miami Beach (I heard that its charger is slow)
Four Seasons Hotel Miami
Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Brickell Downtown
Element Miami International Airport (I don't recall the details, but I believe there was a negative report for this hotel)

Larry

There are a few options around downtown miami including the one below:

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel

1633 N Bayshore Dr Miami FL 33132

There's a level 2 charger literally a few feet away from this hotel at an old electronic shop that i've used several times while in miami. You can look it up on plugshare. I've left my car there overnight without any issues. Of course - common sense in any big city, never leave anything visible. The plus side to this hotel location is that your are literally 10 mins away from south beach, 5 mins to brickell, 5 mins to mid town, 2 mins to 95. Uber/Lyft is readily available if you decide to go out in town.

plug share location:511 NE 15 St. Miami, FL 33132

Where in Miami? Miami's a big place :) If you're planning on staying on Miami Beach, the only hotel I've actually stayed at was the Fontainebleau which was very good and they do have chargers. If you plan on staying somewhere else away from the beach, let us know.

No question - Four Seasons Miami. They have a a HPWC for guests and also a Level 2 charger (part of the ChargePoint network). The hotel is my favorite in Miami - spacious, nice pool, the best service in the city, excellent food, and phenomenal gym (Sports Club LA). It's removed from the South Beach nightlife, but I see that as a good thing. It is still within walking distance of a growing night life at Mary Brickell village, where most of the young professionals in Miami hang out.

Post-trip report:

Thanks for the recommendations. The family decided we wanted to stay on (in?) Miami Beach and the very noisy RMC was being held at the Fountainbleu. We opted for the Grand Beach Hotel on Collins Avenue and charged in town; I do have to give a shout out to Jorge Rodriguez at the hotel as he arranged for us to trickle charge on 110v overnight, this meant the valets moving cars around and reserving a spot for us. There was another Tesla in the car park (from Maine) so Jorge promised to nudge management to get a charger installed. Great service in the hotel.

BTW, we had an outstanding dinner at "Rouge" in North Miami Beach; highly recommend this restaurant.