Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Miami Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks, we could use some eyes on the ground here. I was just told by a Dania Beach Service Valet that the location is actually on Bird Road between 38th Court and 38th Avenue. Take a look at this article that has no reference to Tesla: Coming soon to Miami: A condo for your exotic cars

The Valet said that the first two floors would be for Tesla with auto storage within the building. He claimed that the developer was building to suit Tesla.

Anyone have more info?

Folks, we could use some eyes on the ground here. I was just told by a Dania Beach Service Valet that the location is actually on Bird Road between 38th Court and 38th Avenue. Take a look at this article that has no reference to Tesla: Coming soon to Miami: A condo for your exotic cars

The Valet said that the first two floors would be for Tesla with auto storage within the building. He claimed that the developer was building to suit Tesla.

Anyone have more info?
This article references a parcel that is a block east on Bird Road from the corner of Ponce & Bird (where we suspect the SC will be placed). I went by the Ponce & Bird site last weekend - the demolition of the small structure to the south is complete, but I saw no other activity.

This article references a parcel that is a block east on Bird Road from the corner of Ponce & Bird (where we suspect the SC will be placed). I went by the Ponce & Bird site last weekend - the demolition of the small structure to the south is complete, but I saw no other activity.
Thanks for the reconnaissance.

If you are interested in joining a Florida Tesla club, please click on the link to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts in my signature.

Larry

Anyone have more info?
We seem all to be comparing "impeachable" sources. My latest such story suggests that Tesla has been hegotiating for three different sites, including the former CG LM store, one of the present Deel sites and the former used exotic store just across from The Collection on the Northwest corner of Ponce and Bird. Could they have plans for all three? Is it only one, or two of them or something else? I have no idea. I no longer have confidence in any of my sources. For sure there are quite a few people who want Tesla in the Gables as soon as possible.

For sure there are quite a few people who want Tesla in the Gables as soon as possible.
Hi JC,
As you know, it's important to note that Tesla agrees and that they show Coral Gables as targeted for a store and service center, and the "Miami" area is targeted for a Supercharger. It therefore would not be surprising if Tesla were looking at multiple locations in the same general area.

Larry

OK, so I've mapped out what I think are the three locations. All are near the corner of Ponce de Leon and Bird, near US1. The "Deel" locations are on the very right of the picture.

I'll keep an eye out since I live in the area.

Attachments

• Tesla CG.png
    Tesla CG.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 72
Reactions: alseTrick
OK, so I've mapped out what I think are the three locations. All are near the corner of Ponce de Leon and Bird, near US1. The "Deel" locations are on the very right of the picture.

I'll keep an eye out since I live in the area.
There is another possibility also. The former used car store on the northwest corner of Ponce de Leon and Bird Road. A few months ago sources of several of us were pretty sure it would be 4001 Ponce de Leon Blvd, the former Gables Lncoln-Mercury. Given all the activity at the moment a key question might be how many of these sites might actually bein play for Tesla.

View attachment 195923 View attachment 195924 I rode past the Ponce/Bird Road location this morning (Saturday 9/24) and saw quite a bit of activity - both inside & out. There's no indication that it's Tesla, but someone is certainly prepping that site for use!
That is definitely one location that was mentioned, 4001 Ponce de Leon. At least there is action but we need to check to find out if it's Tesla, especially given DJ Frustration information. I cannot do that myself at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told by a tech at the Dania SC that July 2017 was still the target for the Gables SC, but he thought it was optimistic. Storage lots may be one source of delay, he said, based on the quantity of Model 3s to be delivered.
Dania SC is the best non-official source on info since the SC GM lives near the Gables and formerly was at Bill Ussery in the Gables. If storage is the issue 4001 will not work. The Collection has storage along US1, but they'll probably be forced to go some distance for affordable storage.

Finally confirmed information about 4001 Ponce de Leon Blvd, formerly CG LM.
The construction is now quite advanced with February or March opening of the new Coral Gables Infiniti service center. There has been extensive dispute about the new dealership, caused mostly by objections from South Infiniti about a new dealership.

So, it is not Tesla!

Not good news, maybe, but it is definitive.

Still there seems to be no certainty about where the Tesla site actually will be.

I've taken a step back lately from the forums, but I'm back. Heard from an insider at Tesla recently that there is absolutely no movement on the Service Center in Coral Gables. This person had heard that Tesla was shooting for an opening sometime this summer, but now even that is not realistic.

Frankly, this is completely unacceptable for the thousands of owners in the South Florida area. I would love to discuss here the appropriate way to register our frustrations and hope to get more concrete information about a Miami area service center. That a sizeable group of owners have to drive 70 miles roundtrip or wait two weeks for valet service is so irritating.

Is it just me?

Reactions: jbcarioca