Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Miami Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is zero chance that the service center will be open on August 25th. I just drove by a few minutes ago and they just started putting in the parking lot pavers. Plastic wrap over everything. Looks like much work still needs to be done. And let's not forget how Coral Gables inspectors can be difficult. I think this is likely opening in September.

There is zero chance that the service center will be open on August 25th. I just drove by a few minutes ago and they just started putting in the parking lot pavers. Plastic wrap over everything. Looks like much work still needs to be done. And let's not forget how Coral Gables inspectors can be difficult. I think this is likely opening in September.
Pavers? Sounds like progress!

But on a different note, there is definitely conduit for Supercharger stations. The superchargers are likely located within an enclosed parking lot. We'll see whether the finished product makes them publicly accessible or not.
The service guys in Dania told me that it will be open for the public to charge, but I'll believe it when I see it. Either way I'm thrilled that there's a new service center location so central to Miami because Dania is so geographically undesirable.

Reactions: DJ Frustration
By the way, at the risk of stating the obvious, if the Miami Service Center has a Supercharger Station available to the public, that will be one of those "phantom" Supercharger Stations, similar to the West Palm Beach Supercharger, that materialized without first showing up on the "Coming Soon" map. So this Coral Gables location should be in addition to two more Miami Supercharger locations, one located in Brickell and one in Wynwood.

Larry

By the way, at the risk of stating the obvious, if the Miami Service Center has a Supercharger Station available to the public, that will be one of those "phantom" Supercharger Stations, similar to the West Palm Beach Supercharger, that materialized without first showing up on the "Coming Soon" map. So this Coral Gables location should be in addition to two more Miami Supercharger locations, one located in Brickell and one in Wynwood.

Larry
One would hope that these chargers at the CG service center are in addition to the announced Brickell Superchargers. But geography can get a little sketchy here in So. Florida and the eastern edge of Coral Gables might be deemed close enough to be called Brickell. For example, the "Wynwood" Superchargers will actually be in Midtown, a less trendy neighborhood about a mile from Wynwood.

But Midtown is actually included in Wynwood on Google Maps, and the two border each other in reality. On Google Maps, Coral Gables and Brickell are distinctly separate and don't border each other. I don't think this is just geographical ambiguity.

I can try to swing by the Gables, Design District and Aventura this week, unless others beat me to it.

One would hope that these chargers at the CG service center are in addition to the announced Brickell Superchargers. But geography can get a little sketchy here in So. Florida and the eastern edge of Coral Gables might be deemed close enough to be called Brickell. For example, the "Wynwood" Superchargers will actually be in Midtown, a less trendy neighborhood about a mile from Wynwood.
But Midtown is actually included in Wynwood on Google Maps, and the two border each other in reality. On Google Maps, Coral Gables and Brickell are distinctly separate and don't border each other. I don't think this is just geographical ambiguity.

I can try to swing by the Gables, Design District and Aventura this week, unless others beat me to it.
True, it's always wise to manage our expectations. However, lately Tesla has been attaching their "Coming Soon" pins to the name of the neighborhood of the new locations. So my thinking is that if they intended this service center location to include a Supercharger it would have been labeled "Coral Gable" not "Brickell".
AlseTrick if you could check out the various possible locations that would be appreciated.

Larry

• Informative
Reactions: viperboy
The service guys in Dania told me that it will be open for the public to charge, but I'll believe it when I see it. Either way I'm thrilled that there's a new service center location so central to Miami because Dania is so geographically undesirable.
We all have quoted the same reliable sources from Dania, since the last >two years. As my old notes show, the initial plan was for the SC to be in Coral Gables across the street from the SC at 4001 Ponce de Leon. That deal fell through. at least in part due to city issues, I was told this morning.

When @DJ Frustration found 3851 that made sense for several reasons. First, it is Miami rather than CG, thus far easier to permit. Second, there is much more space to put both SC and Supercharger. Admittedly we haven't absolute proof that those posts are for Superchargers.

We also know that several locations round the world have popped up in recent months with no advance notice. Thus, I suspect the Wynwood, Brickell and Aventura locations are in addition to the Bird Road location. That is consistent with the Elon statements that Tesla is opening a large number of urban Superchargers that can support people without home charging. Nearby the Bird Road location are many buildings that have no charging and even if they permitted installations those would be inordinately expensive. The move to pay for Supercharging does enable many such locations without high net operating expense. which fits NYC, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong, Toronto and so many more. Thus Aventura, Brickell, Midtown and the Gables all fit the mold pretty neatly.

For everyone, 3851 Bird Road is in Miami, not Coral Gables so permits are much easier. Given that Tesla Motors, Inc is listed at this location in Superpages and Mapquest:
Tesla Motors in Miami, FL | 3851 Bird Rd, Miami, FL | Superpages.com
Tesla Motors 3851 Bird Rd Miami, FL Automobile Dealers-Electric Cars - MapQuest
I'm convinced that this is accurate information. The permits I have found are all in the name of Mitri, but I do not have a comprehensive source.
Hi JC,

Thanks.

Yes, the address is accurate. Here's Google's street view showing the Coral Gables Autovault under construction matching the more recent photos of the building with the Tesla sign.

Google Maps

Zoom out of the above map to get a better view of the building.

Which permits have you found? Here's the permit for the building:

Miami Service Center permit..jpg

If there is a Supercharger on the site of the Service Center, I would think that it would have the same address, yet I don't see a separate permit for a charging station.

Larry

Last edited:
If there is a Supercharger on the site of the Service Center, I would think that it would have the same address, yet I don't see a separate permit for a charging station.

Larry
From the City of Miami, there are these links.
Permit Inspection History: Search
Global Inquiry Search: Global Inquiry - Search
The problem is that the Gables Auto Vault permit details are there and all those open permits are listed. Miami really gives much less detail than do some other municipalities so it really is not clear what all those permits are. Some are signs, some electrical, but I have yet to find details that suggest whether or not this actually is a Supercharger installation. I think it is because the row of posts is essentially identical of other early construction sites that have appeared here and elsewhere. Further, there are those odd public page listing of Tesla.

Presumably we must wait some time until we actually see the Supercharger equipment appearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GoCanes
Coral Gables/Miami, FL

Along Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-1, US-41
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-1:
To: Riviera Beach, FL - 82.4 miles
Diversion: 1.3 miles

Neighbors:
Plantation, FL (US-1,I-95,FL-FT,I-595,FL-84): 31.2 miles
+Riviera Beach, FL (US-1,I-95,FL-708): 79.9 miles
Florida City, FL (FL-874,FL-RR,US-1): 28.8 miles
+Marathon, FL (FL-874,FL-RR,US-1) : 105 miles
+Naples, FL (u,FL-826,I-75,FL-C886,u): 125 miles
+Fort Myers, FL (u,FL-826,I-75,u): 143 miles

+ Ignoring Plantation, FL and Florida City, FL

Coral Gables/Miami, FL

Along Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-1, US-41
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-1:
To: Riviera Beach, FL - 82.4 miles
Diversion: 1.3 miles

Neighbors:
Plantation, FL (US-1,I-95,FL-FT,I-595,FL-84): 31.2 miles
+Riviera Beach, FL (US-1,I-95,FL-708): 79.9 miles
Florida City, FL (FL-874,FL-RR,US-1): 28.8 miles
+Marathon, FL (FL-874,FL-RR,US-1) : 105 miles
+Naples, FL (u,FL-826,I-75,FL-C886,u): 125 miles
+Fort Myers, FL (u,FL-826,I-75,u): 143 miles

+ Ignoring Plantation, FL and Florida City, FL
Thanks for the information. However, whereas it is quite possible that there is going to be a Supercharger Station at this location, we have yet to have seen a photo of Tesla equipment or to find a permit stating that a charging station is up for permits.

Hello,

I passed by the future Miami Service Center location this evening and took a few photos. There is definitely evidence of a supercharger installation taking place. The inside of the store looks almost finished.

Attachments

• IMG_20170824_192540.jpg
    IMG_20170824_192540.jpg
    476.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20170824_192506.jpg
    IMG_20170824_192506.jpg
    585.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20170824_192429.jpg
    IMG_20170824_192429.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 68
This is such a significant building that I am wondering whether they will fold the Dadeland mall store once Coral Gables is really up and running. They did fold a store in Miami Beach, so it has happened before. At the beginning it seemed that one of their main marketing objectives was to bring visibility to the brand through high traffic locations like Malls. Considering the huge visibility of Model 3 PR and the sheer number of Teslas roaming around the MIA area, I am wondering whether it is now a necessary expense. Other service locations such as Dania and West Palm also have sales people and showroom space. Having their own brick and mortar is a logical next step in locations where they have had decent market penetration.