Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Miami Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've taken a step back lately from the forums, but I'm back. Heard from an insider at Tesla recently that there is absolutely no movement on the Service Center in Coral Gables. This person had heard that Tesla was shooting for an opening sometime this summer, but now even that is not realistic.

Frankly, this is completely unacceptable for the thousands of owners in the South Florida area. I would love to discuss here the appropriate way to register our frustrations and hope to get more concrete information about a Miami area service center. That a sizeable group of owners have to drive 70 miles roundtrip or wait two weeks for valet service is so irritating.

Is it just me?

We do need to devise a communication plan. If there are not Miami and Fort Myers/ Naples SC's functioning before Model 3 there will be chaos. By informed rumor West Palm Beach may turn into only CPO and a new larger SC will open. When? The SoFl service and Supercharger situation is already a crisis, but is about to become much worse.

I try not to overreact. It is time for action? What should we do?

I know I'm bumping an old thread but the Dania service center told me today that they expect Coral Gables SC on Bird Rd to open before the end of August, and there will be superchargers outside the location that can be used 24/7 unlike at Dania where they can only be used when getting your vehicle serviced.

None of this is confirmed, just hearsay from a couple of the Dania techs.

I too heard from someone who lives down south and commutes to Dania Beach SC that Coral Gables would be open at the end of August. However, I doubt there will be Superchargers there. From what I here, the location isn't going to have much parking space for vehicles. Hopefully that's not the case and there is a realistic solution for the influx of vehicles that will come from the local area.

I know I'm bumping an old thread but the Dania service center told me today that they expect Coral Gables SC on Bird Rd to open before the end of August, and there will be superchargers outside the location that can be used 24/7 unlike at Dania where they can only be used when getting your vehicle serviced.

None of this is confirmed, just hearsay from a couple of the Dania techs.
When did Dania get Superchargers? Last time I was there (Sept 2016), the tech told me they couldn't draw enough power from the rest of the development to power ant Superchargers, so they only had HPWC.

DJ .. you have it GOOD! Try being in Naples!
Naples has to drive 300 round trip to Tampa, 220 to Dania Beach!
No it's NOT just you!

Hey I am in Naples! Service is great from the rangers! Buddy, is / was the best but he just moved to the energy storage side. Alex is good - not buddy but those guys have always taken really good care of me and them coming to me is very convenient!

I'm told August 25th is the opening date. I have a service need and Coral Gables will be contacting me for an appointment so I should know exactly when they'll be opening. I asked for an address from the person I spoke to and he said "on Bird road across from The Collection." Still not an address though.

I'm told August 25th is the opening date. I have a service need and Coral Gables will be contacting me for an appointment so I should know exactly when they'll be opening. I asked for an address from the person I spoke to and he said "on Bird road across from The Collection." Still not an address though.
Hi Ethan,

The address of the property across from The Collection is 4001 Ponce De Leon Blvd, Coral Gables. A permit was filed for that property in April. As the Permit History shows it is an auto repair shop whose owner is currently listed and Business & Leisure, Inc. I guess it remains to be seen if Tesla will be leasing the property and opening it as the "Miami Service Center".

Miami Service Center 5.jpg

Larry

Hi Ethan,

The address of the property across from The Collection is 4001 Ponce De Leon Blvd, Coral Gables. A permit was filed for that property in April. As the Permit History shows it is an auto repair shop whose owner is currently listed and Business & Leisure, Inc. I guess it remains to be seen if Tesla will be leasing the property and opening it as the "Miami Service Center".

View attachment 239864

Larry
Every time I drive past that site lately, there's one or two Infiniti service trucks parked outside. So if that is the SC location, they're using an elaborate decoy to hide their intentions!

I have much better info. The address of the Service Center in Coral Gables is 3851 Bird Rd, Miami, FL 33146. It will be located in a development that also houses the Gables Auto Vault Gables Auto Vault. I'm told Tesla will have the first two floors for service needs and possibly the third floor for vehicle storage.

Here's a link to a map: Google Maps

• Informative
Reactions: Larry Chanin
I have much better info. The address of the Service Center in Coral Gables is 3851 Bird Rd, Miami, FL 33146. It will be located in a development that also houses the Gables Auto Vault Gables Auto Vault. I'm told Tesla will have the first two floors for service needs and possibly the third floor for vehicle storage.

Hi Ethan,

Please refer to my previous posting.

Larry

I've always wondered by an "Auto Vault" needed such a big lobby and had my suspicions about the site for SC (especially when I say the color of red used on the exterior!) This will be a great location!

IMG_5453.JPG
After dropping off my wife's Lexus at the Tire Kingdom next door , I walked over to the new Gables service center. They may be hard pressed to open by 8/25 (remember, Coral Gables building inspectors are notoriously anal). I get find a row of electrical conduit in the rear parking lot that might be for a row of superchargers. If they are, I hope they be open to the public, although I suspect their primary purpose will be to charge delivery vehicle (as is the case at the WPB service center).
IMG_5454.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: alseTrick