Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Miami: XPEL wrap, tinting, caliper paint review

ev_satish

Sep 12, 2018
South Florida
After waiting 2+ years, finally got my Model 3 AWD in metallic silver and white interior a couple of weeks ago!

From browsing here, M3OC forums, and youtube I was really interested in PPF, tinting, ceramic coating, and painted calipers. It is not easy to find a 1-stop shop that does all of this work, so searched a bit and visited a few places before finding Miami Auto Spa. Miami is a bit out of the way for me as I live ~35 miles north in Fort Lauderdale. After visiting the shop and seeing the work first hand of other Teslas in progress, friendly staff/owner, and fair pricing I was sold and scheduled time for the project (plan for ~2-3 days depending on level of work performed).

I personally chose the following:
3M crystalline tint on all windows: 20% side & rear windshield (one piece), 70% front windshield, 40% front roof
XPEL Stealth full wrap
Gyeon ceramic coating
Red painted calipers

Missed not having my new car for a couple of days while the work was in progress, but was totally worth it after seeing the results!

Miami Auto Spa was easy to coordinate with email and was very responsive to my questions and provided a fair price. All in my cost was ~$5,500 and super happy with the results! I'm going back in tomorrow for my 1-week follow-up check to ensure everything is good and allow the team to inspect/fix any issues found.

Anyhow, just wanted to share my experience and recommend the great work from Miami Auto Spa, feel free to reach out to Chris if you are interested: [email protected]

IMG_4855.jpg

IMG_4861.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg
IMG_4860.jpg

richardls

Oct 19, 2018
Miami Beach
I spoke to them about doing ceramic coating, but their 5 year coating required you to go back to them every year and pay them to polish and then apply another coat. From what I've been told, that's not a 5 year coating.
See more of what I learned on the Tesla Model 3 Forum: Miami Ceramic Coating | Tesla

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC