Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mic for phone calls not working after car sleeps overnight - MYP 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys - I'm wondering if anyone is having the same issue as me. For the past week and a half, every morning my mic will not work when i make phone calls (i'm able to hear the other party, but they cant hear me). Only fixed so far is to restart the car (pressing and holding the 2 scroll buttons on the steering wheel).

I've also tried unpairing the phone, restarted the phone when this is happening, and still nada. It seems like a software issue, but just curious if im alone on this. Any input?

Hey guys - I'm wondering if anyone is having the same issue as me. For the past week and a half, every morning my mic will not work when i make phone calls (i'm able to hear the other party, but they cant hear me). Only fixed so far is to restart the car (pressing and holding the 2 scroll buttons on the steering wheel).

I've also tried unpairing the phone, restarted the phone when this is happening, and still nada. It seems like a software issue, but just curious if im alone on this. Any input?
I am having the same problem. It started about a week or so ago. I also have noticed that it has affected my voice commands.

Upvote 0
So yesterday I called the Tesla service line. The customer service rep told me that he has not heard of this being a big problem. He told me to do a reset( I told him I did this in the past and that it was a temp fix), but I did it anyway to go along with his troubleshooting. Once it was complete the did start to work as I thought. He told me that all I need to do every time is reset the car when it happened (WTF), he also stated that I should start to log the time and dates that I needed to do the reset . He stated if you get tired of doing the reset then you should take it in for service, but make sure I have the information written down for service. I can't believe that I am the only person to call them with this complaint. I would like to suggest that those of us that are having the problem flood Tesla customer service with complaints. To be fair he did state that it my be my touch screen failing because that is what controls the mic. Well today the phone stopped working and I had to do another reset of the car, I am driving a Y 2021 with 20k. In my opinion this is ridiculous.

Upvote 0
Today I was stuck in traffic for several hours, every phone call I tried to make, the other side can't hear me. It's been happening to me for about 3 weeks now one and off. I feel like I've been seeing the complaints come up after one of the past updates, not the most recent 2, the one before that.

Upvote 0
So yesterday I called the Tesla service line. The customer service rep told me that he has not heard of this being a big problem. He told me to do a reset( I told him I did this in the past and that it was a temp fix), but I did it anyway to go along with his troubleshooting. Once it was complete the did start to work as I thought. He told me that all I need to do every time is reset the car when it happened (WTF), he also stated that I should start to log the time and dates that I needed to do the reset . He stated if you get tired of doing the reset then you should take it in for service, but make sure I have the information written down for service. I can't believe that I am the only person to call them with this complaint. I would like to suggest that those of us that are having the problem flood Tesla customer service with complaints. To be fair he did state that it my be my touch screen failing because that is what controls the mic. Well today the phone stopped working and I had to do another reset of the car, I am driving a Y 2021 with 20k. In my opinion this is ridiculous.
Sheesh. yeah same here, it's been happening pretty much every morning. I would have to reset the car every freaking time for it to start working. I'll be calling shortly to also report my experience. I can honestly say it's been happening for me to the past 1.5 months.

Upvote 0
Sheesh. yeah same here, it's been happening pretty much every morning. I would have to reset the car every freaking time for it to start working. I'll be calling shortly to also report my experience. I can honestly say it's been happening for me to the past 1.5 months.
Just got off the phone with Customer Support. Representative was understanding (I told him I do IT for a living, and tried all the troubleshooting I can do on my side) He made me do the basic troubleshooting (unpair phone in the car settings and the phone itself, reset the car) but he understood and was supposedly convinced on my experience. He was able to monitor my car remotely, and he did not see anything weird after all the troubleshooting we did.

Although he did point out that if I have another bluetooth device connected to my phone, that can be the reason why it's giving the issue. I have a smart watch (Galaxy Watch 4), and I told him I will disconnect/turn off my watch for the next 4 days, and will test it out. According to him if it still persists, call back and they can either send a tech out, or will have to go to a service center.

Upvote 0
Just got off the phone with Customer Support. Representative was understanding (I told him I do IT for a living, and tried all the troubleshooting I can do on my side) He made me do the basic troubleshooting (unpair phone in the car settings and the phone itself, reset the car) but he understood and was supposedly convinced on my experience. He was able to monitor my car remotely, and he did not see anything weird after all the troubleshooting we did.

Although he did point out that if I have another bluetooth device connected to my phone, that can be the reason why it's giving the issue. I have a smart watch (Galaxy Watch 4), and I told him I will disconnect/turn off my watch for the next 4 days, and will test it out. According to him if it still persists, call back and they can either send a tech out, or will have to go to a service center.
I think the fact that many of us are having this same problem as I've seen posts on Reddit too has to be Software update related. Do you have a specific person we can all call too? I've only done the two button and phone reset but never unpaired it. I was hoping it would fix itself by now but it's been almost a month for me now.

Upvote 0
Love (not) how Tesla customer services goes right for the basics:

1. Reboot Car
  2. Reboot Phone
  3. Disconnect all connected bluetooth devices except for Tesla (Like that mono state would be a suitable fix)
  4. Repeat
  5. Thanks for contacting us!
When Tesla customers reported that their windows pinched fingers, the same support line discounted many as being super picky. It took over a year and a federal agency to pressure them into an OTA fix.

Upvote 0
This happened to me when my car updated to and installed 2022.20.15 (FSD Beta 10.69.2). After I got another update to2022.20.17 (FSD Beta 10.69.2.2) , and the problem persisted.

My fix was to shutdown the car, and reboot several times. Eventually the voice commands and the issue with people not hearing me on phone calls worked again. Give that a try if you haven't.

Upvote 0