Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MICHELIN® Primacy™ MXM4 Holding up pretty good

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Michelin MXM4 cost subtantially more than Conti tires yet only come with 8/32" from the factory whereas Conti comes with 10/32" ... i love Michelin but hard pass on those when it comes the time to replace my OEM set

This. A lot of people don't realize these tires don't start with much tread to begin with. But, there is an efficiency gain from that over other tires.

I found that used take-off MXM4s can be had for around 400 bucks with 7-8/32 tread. I've been doing this and it has been a cheap way to keep the original quiet eco tires on the car.

This. A lot of people don't realize these tires don't start with much tread to begin with. But, there is an efficiency gain from that over other tires.

I found that used take-off MXM4s can be had for around 400 bucks with 7-8/32 tread. I've been doing this and it has been a cheap way to keep the original quiet eco tires on the car.
Nice.

For the group, which 19" tire is best to replace my conti when time is up? Range and quiet is my goal, and price lol. Don't care about handling. Just don't skip when I floor it for on ramps

Reactions: JBT66
It all depends on how you drive it. I wanted to replace the MXM4’s with PS4S’s but couldn’t justify replacing new tires so I drove it hard and in 9k miles I was down to 2/32nds all around did a warranty claim with Michelin and got new tires. On the other hand I know someone with 30k miles that will probably go a lot more still and doesn’t even use all the power in chill mode.

Hmm, I have never used chill mode. I drive with PS4S summer(on second summer) and Nokian winter(on second winter) tires. I need to re-calibrate my foot from a square wave to a sine wave. I also normally drive where the speed limit is 70 MPH and I keep up with traffic.

IMG_5478.JPG

It's always seemed very strange to me how much this varies. I don't think average efficiency is a good way to look at it, as weather and climate has at least as much to do with that as driving style.

Mine are still looking decent after 22,000 miles, but I rotate every 5000 miles.

I just replaced my stock MXM4 after 2 years and 32k miles. 240 Wh/mile lifetime. Never rotated. The rears were right on the verge of failing inspection. The fronts probably could've lasted another 5000ish miles. I'm not an overly aggressive driver, but I certainly have some fun and don't baby the car.

I just replaced my stock MXM4 after 2 years and 32k miles. 240 Wh/mile lifetime. Never rotated. The rears were right on the verge of failing inspection. The fronts probably could've lasted another 5000ish miles. I'm not an overly aggressive driver, but I certainly have some fun and don't baby the car.

thats pretty good at 32K while many other here need to replace tires at 20k. Just curious, on my previous beater i could send a reminder on the car for oil change, tire rotation, etc. Tesla does not have that, right? so is anybody using any 3rd party apps to remind when to rotate? like TeslaFi ? I think it would be a nice touch to have it built in. I only have 2 of my original tires, other 2 got holes and had to be replaced, one only lasted 3 months...

It's always seemed very strange to me how much this varies. I don't think average efficiency is a good way to look at it, as weather and climate has at least as much to do with that as driving style.

I agree it's not. You can have a bunch of hard acceleration between long stretch of high efficiency cruises. Though I don't think there are other measurable metrics that are readily available though.

I am with you on this one- we just bought an entire setup with wheels, tires TPMS, etc for $850 and sold our original wheel tire combo for 450. No mount/balance fees, easy peasy!

• Love
Reactions: EVNation