Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin A/S 3+ closeout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20200704-103140_Chrome.jpg
Example here is for 255/40-18. Other sizes are also on closeout.
Tire Rack link didn't work so you'll have to search for yourself.

Excellent all season tire. Quiet, good grip (better than some max performance summers I’ve had), and good ride. Considering swapping for the ps4 20” summers closer to winter, at this price could consider a set of wheels and tires just to swap.

Closeout? They discontinuing these?

EDIT- looks like maybe they're being replaced by the
PILOT SPORT ALL SEASON 4

Weirdly a set of 4 of those for the OEM 18" Model 3 size is only $4 more, with allegedly better performance and longer treadlife, checking both on tirerack.

So not much of a closeout on the old ones.

The closeout ones are definitely NOT showing as 135 each... possibly you're looking at the lower load rating tires not meant for the Model 3?

Second edit- Yeah the Y rated ones in your picture aren't for the Model 3. The V rated XL ones are, and they're still almost $200/tire- might as well get the new model at that point.

Last edited:
I got a call from Tire Rack on Monday saying that they show the 255/40-18 as a rear fitment size. They said nothing at all about load rating and such.
The load rating difference from 98 to 95 is 132lbs/tire, or the equivalent of 3 more adults which I very very rarely (like 2 times a year) have that much more weight in my car.
I'm not sure how the tire is manufactured differently to accommodate the extra weight. If it is softer side walls then maybe these 95Y tires will have a more comfortable ride. On the other hand I may get a bent rim from a pothole, though Texas roads are immaculate compared to where I'm from in Michigan.
Anyway, it's a risk I'm willing to take factoring how/where I drive.

Car manufacturers set specific specs for their cars. If any under spec part is used it could cause failure, poor performance, no change, etc.

An additional concern would be your liability if you were ever involved in an accident.