Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Cross Climate 2 thumping noise?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had a set of CrossClimate 2 installed on my Model Y OEM 19” wheels. I have noticed a thumping sound (flat spot sounding) that is only noticeable on driver front side and on very smooth pavement between 20-50 mph. I swapped the front and rear tire to make sure I didn’t have a defective tire, but I got the same sound from both tires when on the front of the vehicle. Also my alignment was checked and it all is good. I saw a post on Reddit of a gentleman that was having the same issue with the set he put on his Audi (w/18” wheels). Has anyone else with these tires noticed this issue?

I just had a set of CrossClimate 2 installed on my Model Y OEM 19” wheels. I have noticed a thumping sound (flat spot sounding) that is only noticeable on driver front side and on very smooth pavement between 20-50 mph. I swapped the front and rear tire to make sure I didn’t have a defective tire, but I got the same sound from both tires when on the front of the vehicle. Also my alignment was checked and it all is good. I saw a post on Reddit of a gentleman that was having the same issue with the set he put on his Audi (w/18” wheels). Has anyone else with these tires noticed this issue?
What if you swap both left-side tires to the right side? Will the sound follow?

Upvote 0