Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin cross contact suv tire garbage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who is considering the Michelin cross contact suv. My opinion is that you should skip it. The reason is because the tires are super noisy under some condition. I actually found this weird issue where the tires become SUPER NOISY when you accelerate hard. How is that even possible. Noise is okay under highway cruising, ride is so so and expect a 5-8% drop in economy. I normally don’t like to do this, but I am seriously thinking about bringing it back to America’s tires. I am going to swap my old set of Bridgestone to see if I can confirm the noise.

For those who is considering the Michelin cross contact suv. My opinion is that you should skip it. The reason is because the tires are super noisy under some condition. I actually found this weird issue where the tires become SUPER NOISY when you accelerate hard. How is that even possible. Noise is okay under highway cruising, ride is so so and expect a 5-8% drop in economy. I normally don’t like to do this, but I am seriously thinking about bringing it back to America’s tires. I am going to swap my old set of Bridgestone to see if I can confirm the noise.

I checked out the Michelin Cross Contact SUV tires on Tire Rack and most people have very good things to say about them. There were a couple of mentions of being a bit noisy but nothing outrageous. Maybe the Tire Rack customers don't accelerate like we do. :D

Anyway, are these a replacement for the CrossClimate2 tires? I've been waiting on the CC2 to become available for the MY but I might have to get tires before winter comes.