Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Crossclimate 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 Tesla M3 with the standard 18 inch wheels. I was looking at the Costco website using the vehicle selector with the 18 inch option and the Michelin Crossclimate 2 did not come up as a result. I then used the tire size selector and the Michelin Cross Climate 2 did come up. Question, would the Climate 2 be appropriate for my vehicle?

I had CrossClimate 2's installed on my 2020 M3 w/18" wheels yesterday. I have these on other cars and they are terrific. The reason they don't come up for the M3 on the Costco website is the speed rating. OEM is W, and the CrossClimate 2 is only V. V is rated for speeds up to 149 mph, and the load rating of 98XL is the same as OEM, so these are perfectly safe. The Costco tech warned me about this but they had no issues doing the installation.

Between the cc2 and mxm4 t1... any recommendation for one or the other is price was the same? I value the improved snow performance of the cc2 but with an sr+ I am also sensitive to range. I do have another car for the real nasty snow...