Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Michelin offers the new Pilot Super Sport Acoustic in 21" sizes !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't got it yet, but they supposedly emailed me the text of it.

Handy to have in the glove box if in the middle of nowhere with a nail to give to the guys at the shop that have never seen a tire with a liner.

What they sent (via their handicapped CRM system) is a partial paste of the text, mostly incomplete, so still chasing them for the full PDF.

question:
if the MAT reduces noise by 20% how come the website shows no difference in the noise dB rating?

are we paying extra for a pschological improvement when the reality is there is no measurable difference.
(not forgetting ALL new tyres sound quieter than their worn equivalents as they have more rubber)

question:
if the MAT reduces noise by 20% how come the website shows no difference in the noise dB rating?

are we paying extra for a pschological improvement when the reality is there is no measurable difference.
(not forgetting ALL new tyres sound quieter than their worn equivalents as they have more rubber)
I was under h
question:

I've not seen any info from Michelin on this, but my impression is that the noise levels are measured from Outside the vehicle.

Sorry I don't have any data other than driving on my subjective opinions 3 different sets of Michelins. I am aware that others will disagree and have more data than I do. I am half deaf anyway. But I hate tire noise and do what I can to get rid of it.

After a year of use I believe the foam lined PSS are significantly quieter than my PS2 tires on my P85+. My PS2s are not worn out. I have no experience with non-acoustic liner PSS.

The foam lined PSS tires are quiet enough that I use them in lieu of a fairly new set of 19" Tesla wheels with Michelin Primacy tires, which I also thought were pretty quiet compared to the PS2s. The difference between the Primacies and the foam PSS is not significant. I had to wear ear plugs with the PS2s after a while.

Purely subjective, and lacking experience with non-foam PSS, but there you have it.

For anyone looking at the model 3 18" wheels I wrote this on another thread and wanted to put the link here

there are tons of different versions on tirerack of the Primacy MXM4. There is one specifically that is the Tesla version at https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...&tireModel=Primacy+MXM4&partnum=345WR8MXM4PXL and you'll notice the code "TO Tesla, Acoustic Tech". Be sure you get the one with that code otherwise you don't get the best version of the tire (and some of the worse versions are more expensive at the time I checked).

looks like that is the OEM Tesla tire if you get the base wheels.

Also it doesn't look like tirerack has this acoustic version for the 235/40/19 size that the Model 3 uses for the "sport wheels".