Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot All Season 4 thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Michelin Pilot "Three" season 4. No such thing as all-season tires because they all turn to hockey pucks when the temperature is near freezing. You should look into "All-Weather" tires that don't freeze like the Vredestein Quatrac Pro or Toyo Celsius. They can be used year round.

That is a bit confusing as most drivers out there don't have a set of winter tires, so I would imagine they too are running an "all season" - understand it isn't as good as a winter/all weather. Just curious how the Michelins run in the winter.

The AS4’s work fine, not a big deal in reasonable snow. Anything below 45F and AS tire rubber compounds do get a bit harder, but nothing like the summer tires. Winter tires are needed if your really trekking constantly in snow or ice, they’re much soft, with tread patterns that spit out snow more efficiently and also last way less in time and miles.

I'm using Pilot Sport AS 4s on 19" wheels. I've taken them in some relatively deep snow and slush in the mountains here and was very impressed with their performance. Unless the snow was deep enough to be touching the bottom of the front bumper, I could power through pretty much anything. Plenty of traction going uphill in snow too. I'd say these tires, coupled with the all-wheel drive of the Model Y makes for a pretty sure-footed vehicle.

I got them on my MYP back in November. Mounted on the stock Uber's. Only been in the snow a couple of times this winter. Nothing crazy, maybe a few inches. They work well IMO.
Between the combination of AWD and the All Season Tires, the car just goes without issue.

Reactions: drtimhill
What size of AS4s do you have on your 19 inch wheels? How does the result look?
255/45/R19. It's the stock size that came on the Geminis. I swapped them out for t-sportline rims. I think it looks fine. Doesn't look any different than stock as far as how big the wheel/tire combo is in the wheel well.

Attachments

• 20211009_120423.jpg
    20211009_120423.jpg
    462.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 20211009_120451.jpg
    20211009_120451.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 92
255/45/R19. It's the stock size that came on the Geminis. I swapped them out for t-sportline rims. I think it looks fine. Doesn't look any different than stock as far as how big the wheel/tire combo is in the wheel well.
Thanks! I was particularly curious for the original Gemini wheels: I saw a few pictures where the aero covers look like they sit a bit too proud of the tire. So I'm wondering if anyone has tried a few sizes.

Your rims look great, though!