Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S - variants

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regardless of the treadwear rating, it would still be very valuable to know the rolling resistance of the Tesla spec tire to the others .

The PS4S we have on our Tesla powered Evora don't have very impressive rolling resistance, they are only slightly better than the aggressive Trofeo-R we were using before. So I suspect a big difference in rolling resistance being possible!

How would one go about testing rolling resistance?

It looks like the left one is the normal PS4. The middle one is the porsche OEM spec. The right one is the Tesla OEM spec (harder tread, more eco focused). OEMs often have tire manufacturers make special versions for them.

Can one put the "normal PS4s" on a Tesla S (vs. the tesla oem spec ps4 that's harder tread, more eco focused)?

edit: whoops just noticed this is model 3 thread

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, but -- has anyone tested PS4S vs PS A/S 3+ and been able to discern a significant difference in efficiency? Am I correct in assuming that, because the A/S 3's have a higher treadwear rating that they'd have a lower rolling resistance and therefore be more efficient?

I have both the 4s ad the A/S's. I cannot really tell you about the efficiency cause I am using the A/S in this never ending winter and mileage has certainly gone down. But I attribute that to temp. The 1 thing I did notice day 1 of putting the A/S on, they are indeed louder. I could easily hear the hum compared to the 4's. But like most things, 2 days later I didn't notice it anymore. They have handled very well in the cold and slushy roads this winter season. But I do look forward to butting the 4's back on in the spring. That stupid groundhog lied........

• Helpful
Reactions: tich