Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S vs. Pilot Sport All Season 4 for 19"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking at replacing my 235/40ZR19 tires with one of the 2 Michelins I listed in the title... Any opinions on them? Haven't heard much about the Sport All Season. I know Michelin will be coming out with an EV version, but not as of yet in the USA. Concerned about noise also.

I'm looking at replacing my 235/40ZR19 tires with one of the 2 Michelins I listed in the title... Any opinions on them? Haven't heard much about the Sport All Season. I know Michelin will be coming out with an EV version, but not as of yet in the USA. Concerned about noise also.

I havent used the all seasons but the pilot super sport 4s tires are great here in southern california, year round, as long as you dont drive into the mountains to go skiing or something.

I run them year round here (and have used summer tires year round in southern california for more than 12 years). I dont ski or go anywhere where the temperature is under 40 degrees for extended periods of time.

The thing about the 4S tires is they also perform GREAT in the rain, which is what passes for "weather" here during the winter. My model 3 performance came with with them, and I have no intention of changing them for something else.

I havent used the all seasons but the pilot super sport 4s tires are great here in southern california, year round, as long as you dont drive into the mountains to go skiing or something.

I run them year round here (and have used summer tires year round in southern california for more than 12 years). I dont ski or go anywhere where the temperature is under 40 degrees for extended periods of time.

The thing about the 4S tires is they also perform GREAT in the rain, which is what passes for "weather" here during the winter. My model 3 performance came with with them, and I have no intention of changing them for something else.

The problem is that you have the Performance Model 3 which comes with the "custom" 4S's... I have a long range and have the 19" so I'd have to get the regular 4S and I'm worried about efficiency and drag. Wonder if my mileage will go down. Plus, it isn't the "custom" tesla version of the 4s

The problem is that you have the Performance Model 3 which comes with the "custom" 4S's... I have a long range and have the 19" so I'd have to get the regular 4S and I'm worried about efficiency and drag. Wonder if my mileage will go down. Plus, it isn't the "custom" tesla version of the 4s

Yes, your mileage will go down some, because they are summer tires and stickier than all seasons (better grip). Better grip = more control. Better grip also = less mileage due to that better control. The tesla spec tires have foam in them to help with deadening road noise, so if the ones you are looking at do not have foam, they will also be louder.

Everything is a trade off.

Yes, your mileage will go down some, because they are summer tires and stickier than all seasons (better grip). Better grip = more control. Better grip also = less mileage due to that better control. The tesla spec tires have foam in them to help with deadening road noise, so if the ones you are looking at do not have foam, they will also be louder.

Everything is a trade off.

Ya. I'm just curious to know what others with the 19" rims are doing for tires. I may just get the continental ones again. I was hoping for Michelin, but it may not happen because they don't have the foam and I don't want all the road noise or less mileage.

I'm at 25k miles, so starting to watch tread. Holding out for the new Michelin EV tires for the 19" sport wheels, but if they don't get released soon, I'll go 4S for sure. (If you do some research online, you find many car guys have tested foam tires on the track and haven't found them any quieter that their non-foam counterpart.) Prefer summer tires in SoCal. Conti's have been fine, but they are not exactly quiet (bcos the car has a lot of glass).

The all-season will last a lot longer. Think the PS4S is more of a dry oriented tire than the PS4 and the PS4 AS, but I wouldn't think that would be a problem unless you lived in the UK or Pacific NW. I'd bet tire noise, ride comfort and rolling resistance are all slightly better with the all season, but probably not by much (the Michelin PS4 AS is one of the worst in it's class for these measures, which is why I did not put it on my Tesla). Dry grip differences will be noticeable, but only when you push it to the limit.

I have the 19’s with the Continentals right at the wear bar at 40k miles. Interested to know how much of a difference the 4S’s really affect range / efficiency of the car. Unfortunately, the A/S 4’s right now are on a nation wide backorder and I might just get the primacy’s or stick with the continentals again… I really don’t mind the PS 4S’s just more concerned about range efficiency. And the 4S has a 30K warranty so if I burn through the rubber before 30K, come in and get another set 🤷🏽‍♂️

I have the 19’s with the Continentals right at the wear bar at 40k miles. Interested to know how much of a difference the 4S’s really affect range / efficiency of the car. Unfortunately, the A/S 4’s right now are on a nation wide backorder and I might just get the primacy’s or stick with the continentals again… I really don’t mind the PS 4S’s just more concerned about range efficiency. And the 4S has a 30K warranty so if I burn through the rubber before 30K, come in and get another set 🤷🏽‍♂️
what was your average kw/mil on the continental?

what was your average kw/mil on the continental?

743 miles on the 4S’s and so far. So we’ll see in a couple thousand more miles.

Attachments

• CA31A6E9-CBB3-409B-A82F-666C03A33A12.jpeg
    CA31A6E9-CBB3-409B-A82F-666C03A33A12.jpeg
    941.9 KB · Views: 324
  • 669EBBF7-C4F1-4F1A-9DCD-E17B40408501.jpeg
    669EBBF7-C4F1-4F1A-9DCD-E17B40408501.jpeg
    957.8 KB · Views: 186