Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 PLUS ?'s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking for Tesla owners who have first hand experience with these tires. The reviews are phenomenal but not detailed enough. Best all around tire according to many with other vehicles.
I am concerned about a) ride harshness, b) if they are noisy and c) how they wear.
I like everything I have read about them so far, but there is not enough info using search regarding my concerns by actual Tesla owners.

i have a 2015 P85D with air suspension, coming off with oem michelin primacy's, 53,000 kms.
Time for a change.

PLEASE DO NOT CONFUSE THESE WITH THE previous MICHELIN PILOT A/S 3 non plus.....

I changed from the original Michelin primacy to Pilot sport a/s3+ about 10 months ago. I think they are louder than the primacy's. In 10 months, and < 10K miles (I think closer to 8K), the Pilot sports are down to 6/32 to 8/32 treads.
Also, subjectively I think my Wh/mile is worse than with the primacy's.
Overall, I can't say I'm impressed. For a next round of tires, I plan to look for something different.

I answered your post on tesla.com forum, but will copy and paste here, too, as I don't agree with the above review:

I got them (the plusses) recently as replacements for the OEM MXM4's. I only have 1000 miles on them. I like them. Excellent handling, just as quiet, if not quieter than the MXM4s. Can't answer about wear yet. No experience in snow yet, but there's a chance I may run into some tomorrow in the Colo Rockies, but I suspect the roads will be clear. If so, i'll add my experience

They aren't rated as low rolling resistance, but I don't see a significant difference in energy usage.

I have almost 1500 miles on the pilot sport a/s 3+. They're smooth and quite, but ...

It just so happens I set a tripometer the day I got them. My efficiency took an 8% beating!

20 Wh/mi more than the Goodyears the car was born with. Ouch.

Michelins.jpeg