Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 on Uberturbines- 265/35 & 275/35R21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These were just installed today to replace the original Pirelli P Zero 4 (ELECT) summer tires. The PZ tires were great and were impressively grippy in the rain, even heavy rain on hard acceleration, until recently when temperatures dropped below 50 degrees when they sometimes feel scary at speed. PZ tires had under 2500 miles when they were replaced. Curbed one front wheel last week and there was no curb protection whatsoever (see pics for comparison); fortunately it didn't cost much to repair it locally and came out perfect.

The new tires have a surprising velvet sidewall texture and differed from all product photos of this tire. Michelin confirmed via chat that these tires do have the velvet sidewall. They're laser-etched, reflect light based on direction, have a suede-ish texture, and give a premium look. Here it is on the Pilot Sport 4S Limited Edition: https://www.tirerack.com/videos/index.jsp?video=509&tab=Tires

These were only installed today, but first impressions are very good; steering feel and response is outstanding, and cold-weather wet grip, even while new is a big difference from the OEM tires. Very confidence-inspiring for sure. Car is also less bumpy and there's less noise.

As for the 265mm front tires (255/35 not available for these tires until next winter supposedly), they suit the car very well; car feels as agile, if not more than the original summer tires which sometimes felt very hard to steer; as a bonus the extra width and the PS A/S4's rim protection should protect the wheels better from curbing.

DSC09628.jpg
DSC09635.jpg
DSC09629.jpg
DSC09626.jpg
DSC09625.jpg
DSC09622.jpg

old Pirelli's and lack of protection against curb rash:
DSC09590.jpg
DSC09587.jpg

I have 11k miles on my PUP and my rear tires are getting near their limit. The front tires are still going strong.... 7/32. However, I purchased another pair of front wheels to replace the back for a square set.... We shall see how it goes.

Reactions: Tedkidd
Interesting. Have these on my Model 3 and really happy with these tires so far. Any issues running the wider tires up front?

no issues with the slightly wider front tires, no one would know a difference unless you’re looking at numbers and know what the stock was.. it’s less of a difference than my Model 3 which runs happily on 245 19” michelin ps a/s3+

Does it have to be 285? Would the 265 with 275 combo be okay? Would there be any issues to the car?

many MYP owners swapping into square setups without issue versus the staggered stock setup with rear end being much taller (96.25mm rear sidewall) than front (89.25mm sidewall).. 265 front is 92.75mm sidewall and should actually improve car handling and balance, though still not like square setup

I suspect the new batch was revised at least with the sidewall as all press and product photos don’t have the velvet texture / “Premium Touch”.. you’ll love them

Is below the correct set of wheels?

Front:
  • 265/35ZR21
  • Style: Blackwall
  • Load Range: XL
  • Serv. Desc: 101Y
Back:
  • 275/35ZR21
  • Style: Blackwall
  • Load Range: XL
  • Serv. Desc: 103Y