Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 on Uberturbines- 265/35 & 275/35R21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla got back to me with a quote, they say 4-6 weeks for delivery:

1638901251805.png

Yeah, I’ll update this post when I get my car delivered tomorrow but looks promising based on the 3263xx VIN having them. I already purchased a set of used Gemini take-offs so wouldn’t mind selling those for the money and space.
My MYP was dropped off this morning and did include Michelin AS4’s. VIN: 3273xx

@CrownDad: Makes sense based on how difficult it's been for us to find them, they just left out the reason may be that the Tesla factory is sitting on every set in existence. Discount Tire was able to find me two AS4 rears in 295/35/21 at a shop in Hou and shipped them to my local store. Has Tire Rack shipped any of your order yet? If not, thought about cancelling and trying the Conti DWS06+? Those seem to be a little less scarce, @Canyonero was able to order those through Discount Tire.
Same here. Discount Tire had mine delivered to the store and installed within 3 days.

Reactions: mmatlock
As a data point, my parents had a MYP delivered today (Nashville SC) but it came with the P Zeros :( We were really hoping for the AS4's but no bueno. There was 1 other MYP in the parking lot prepped for delivery that also had the P Zeros so I wonder if we were just in the last batch before the AS4's became standard? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Budshark
As a data point, my parents had a MYP delivered today (Nashville SC) but it came with the P Zeros :( We were really hoping for the AS4's but no bueno. There was 1 other MYP in the parking lot prepped for delivery that also had the P Zeros so I wonder if we were just in the last batch before the AS4's became standard? 🤷‍♂️
Would be interesting to know the last 6 of their VIN. So far 2 reports of AS4 with VINS 3263xx and 3273xx. So if your parents is before 3263xx makes sense. If it’s after… well then the mystery depends. ;)

Would be interesting to know the last 6 of their VIN. So far 2 reports of AS4 with VINS 3263xx and 3273xx. So if your parents is before 3263xx makes sense. If it’s after… well then the mystery depends. ;)
Those mystery Depends are always fascinating ;-)

I'd vastly prefer the Michelins as well but already have a set of powdercoated Gemini/Conti's to swap out until spring, when the weather improves.

• Funny
Reactions: torifile
Have a MYP scheduled for delivery tomorrow 3262xx with P-Zeros installed.

Beyond frustrated at the moment, been scrambling to do financing just to find out there’s no winter tires available anywhere and I barely missed the switch for all seasons.

My SA pretty much shrugged and says my order will be cancelled if I don’t take delivery.

Drove around them for about 30 mins and it feels pretty smooth, no rubbing. Real test is the highway or a commute into work. Here are some before and after shots.

Before

View attachment 739443

After
View attachment 739445
Scorpion Zero AS+
265/40/21 - Front
295/35/21 - Back
Quick update on these. Yesterday was the first time I had to parallel park in NYC since got these and I did notice some rubbing once I turned the steering wheel all the way to the right and left. Obviously not a major concern but just wanted to give everyone a heads up with my experience with 265/40/21 on the front especially if you parallel park a lot. Other than that no real issues and smooth ride.

Would a spacer resolve this issue? If so anyone have any reccomendations and would I need them for all 4 wheels? TIA

The rear wheels are an inch wider, about 25mm, so already a difference of 20mm leaves the rears a little more stretched than the fronts. 275s are already pretty tight, I feel like 265s would be merely painted onto the wheel.
Anyone try 275/35/21 on the front two wheels before? Discount Tire is saying I could do that in a square setup with the Pirelli Sottozero 3 for the winter here in Chi. Ordered and waiting for them to come in, any reason this wouldn't work?

Since I’m now operating under the assumption that my MYP will be delivered with AS4s and I know from hearing from others here that there’s nearly zero chance those tires will last until their 45,000 rating, I’m now pondering how the warranty proration will be handled. I’ve never done it before, but am I correct that if the tires need to be replaced before their listed manufacturer range, there is some discount whenever the new tires are purchased? If so, I assume since I’ve already purchased the stack of AS4s I thought I’d need, I won’t be able to take advantage of that discount until buying my third set. If the discount is significant, that has me thinking I should now return these at the full purchase price while I still can?

Since I’m now operating under the assumption that my MYP will be delivered with AS4s and I know from hearing from others here that there’s nearly zero chance those tires will last until their 45,000 rating, I’m now pondering how the warranty proration will be handled. I’ve never done it before, but am I correct that if the tires need to be replaced before their listed manufacturer range, there is some discount whenever the new tires are purchased? If so, I assume since I’ve already purchased the stack of AS4s I thought I’d need, I won’t be able to take advantage of that discount until buying my third set. If the discount is significant, that has me thinking I should now return these at the full purchase price while I still can?
Keep in mind for staggered tires, the rear tire treadwear warranty is cut in half. at least for the Pilot Sport AS4 and DWS 06-Plus. So your rears will only have a 22k miles warranty. Every single set of staggered UHPAS tires I've run, I get about 20k miles on the rears... So if you do return the tires, you probably only need to return the fronts. How long do you think it will take for you to wear out your rears? (ie accumulate 20k miles?) Because you don't want to hold on to tires for more than 5 years.

I'd also recommend you go to Discount Tire, and buy certs for the tires that came on your car... That way if you get an unrepairable flat in the future, you won't be out any cash...

And by the way, whenever I replaced my staggered tires, Discount Tire always let me replace all 4, and they prorated the front two, since the rears were done at 20k miles, and the fronts had about half left. The first time I told them I had issues with stability control only replacing the rears... The second time, they didn't even hesitate when I asked to replace all 4.