Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 on Uberturbines- 265/35 & 275/35R21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am ordering my replacement Michelin Pilot All Season 4's ASAP because supply chains and back orders are getting bad. The 35 series rubber band sidewalls have to go. I need more rim protection. I'll be posting my take offs as soon as I take delivery of the car.
Front tires - 265/40ZR21's
Rear tires - 295/40ZR21's

Reactions: OutofPocket
265/295/40/21. Fronts are $331 a piece.

I guess when i searched for both tires at same time it never worked. I did one at time and I was able to order and install. They Fit and look great. I do notice more negative camber on the rears. Did you do anything about that or just let it be. Also... WOW the space between the front tires and the metal knuckle is very tight. I mean yeah it fits, but a rock pebble could get stuck between it.

Reactions: OutofPocket
Here are the photos showing I actually did it, the camber on the rear and the very narrow knuckle clearance for anyone else who is interested in 265/295/40/R21's CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 PLUS
Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 10.42.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 10.42.42 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 10.42.53 AM.png

Last edited:
Here are the photos showing I actually did it, the camber on the rear and the very narrow knuckle clearance for anyone else who is interested in 265/295/40/R21's CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 PLUSView attachment 765269View attachment 765270View attachment 765271
Looks very good. Any regrets going with the tire size? It looks so aggressive and this set up should be good for the entire year without having to switch out to another wheel/tire set up. I love the way it fills out the wheel well perfectly. You will never get this look if you go with 18" or 19" wheels and the taller tire sidewall to try will look ridiculous and remove you from the performance category. The 40 series side wall look like it will smooth out the ride some and give you that extra rim protection that is needed. I see from the rear ground level shot that outer 1" of the contact patch is not fully making it's way to the road. Is that what your going for or will you have it aligned? I know that tire with those Uberturbines is heavy but man does it look good!

Looks very good. Any regrets going with the tire size? It looks so aggressive and this set up should be good for the entire year without having to switch out to another wheel/tire set up. I love the way it fills out the wheel well perfectly. You will never get this look if you go with 18" or 19" wheels and the taller tire sidewall to try will look ridiculous and remove you from the performance category. The 40 series side wall look like it will smooth out the ride some and give you that extra rim protection that is needed. I see from the rear ground level shot that outer 1" of the contact patch is not fully making it's way to the road. Is that what your going for or will you have it aligned? I know that tire with those Uberturbines is heavy but man does it look good!
I was looking at it, and if I did an alignment to positive out the camber so it is more perpendicular to the ground, I feel like the tire might rub on the top wheel well fender part. Right now with the negative camber on full compression it sinks into the well avoiding the lip.

I am imagining I will to need to replace the rears just as often as the Pzero stock tires, maybe a little less often, but at least I have all seasons all year.

I was looking at it, and if I did an alignment to positive out the camber so it is more perpendicular to the ground, I feel like the tire might rub on the top wheel well fender part. Right now with the negative camber on full compression it sinks into the well avoiding the lip.

I am imagining I will to need to replace the rears just as often as the Pzero stock tires, maybe a little less often, but at least I have all seasons all year.
Interesting, I’ll need to look at mine and see about the camber. Don’t imagine rubbing would be a problem with the 35s in the rear, but I have no idea how to go about adjusting the camber. Any tips?

Interesting. The 295/35R21s that I run on my MYP don’t seem to have the same camber issue….all looks normal to my eye.

View attachment 765667

View attachment 765666
For those of us looking to change tires. It would actually be cheaper to move the rear 275/35zr21 factory rear tire to the front and pick up one set of 295/35zr21's for the rear. Anyone here already do this? Just wondering if the that 275/35zr21 tire fits in the front without any rubbing issues. Nice photos looks really good!

Reactions: markmdr
Na it won't matter, I tried to even attempt to make a photo where the camber looks closer to your photo and it was not possible.

LET this be the post saying 295/40/R21's might be too tall of a tire. Even if it fits, the taller tire makes the camber too negative and the longativity of the tire is now compromised. Atleast whenever that happens I know to get 295/35/R21's for rears as the 265/40/R21 fronts are perfect.

For now I know my handling will be awesome until that inner edge dies.

Last edited:
For those of us looking to change tires. It would actually be cheaper to move the rear 275/35zr21 factory rear tire to the front and pick up one set of 295/35zr21's for the rear. Anyone here already do this? Just wondering if the that 275/35zr21 tire fits in the front without any rubbing issues. Nice photos looks really good!

From this thread, not the stock tires but the same sizes you're inquiring about. It's somewhat subjective, but I think the 275/35 front and 295/35 rear setup looks the most proportional while giving you slightly more sidewall and wheel protection.

View attachment 742542

In case you are interested, the stock Pirelli 255/275 tires are in the top photo, and the Michelin all season 275/295 tires are in the bottom photo.
IMG_3193.JPG

Here's a good comparison, 275/35 front 295/35 rear above and 265/40 front 295/40 below (@Sdm288):

PXL_20220121_225729986.jpg

Here's a mix, 265/40 front 295/35 rear (@SweetLou126):

1638383738867.jpeg

Here's another 275/35 front 295/35 rear (@Tommy L Garage):

A26352AB-9401-4C89-BEC9-44E5B2ACD245.jpeg

Last edited:
Drove around them for about 30 mins and it feels pretty smooth, no rubbing. Real test is the highway or a commute into work. Here are some before and after shots.

Before

View attachment 739443

After
View attachment 739445
Scorpion Zero AS+
265/40/21 - Front
295/35/21 - Back
I just ordered these same exact tires and size from Discount Tires, but when we tried out the fronts... It was already rubbing when turned full. So, they advised against it and now will need to find another size. I am really wondering why mine was rubbing.... I was trying to install these on my 2021 MYLR but I do have the 21" Uberturbine wheels. Any tips or help... Suggestions please???? I would really prefer to use Pirelli Scorpion Zero AS.... Please Help!