Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 on Uberturbines- 265/35 & 275/35R21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No issues with rubbing of any kind.

View attachment 729836
Have you had any issues with your traction control system. I had the sizes below installed today and my traction control keeps getting activated. I drove about 20 miles so far and as soon as the light goes off, about a minute later, it starts flashing again. I'm hoping its just because the tires are new and they aren't broken in yet.

265/35/21 - Front - Michelin Pilot Sport AS4
295/35/21 - Rear - Michelin Pilot Sport AS4

Have you had any issues with your traction control system. I had the sizes below installed today and my traction control keeps getting activated. I drove about 20 miles so far and as soon as the light goes off, about a minute later, it starts flashing again. I'm hoping its just because the tires are new and they aren't broken in yet.

I haven‘t had any issues of any kind other than not being able to get the smile off of my face 😉 — I reduced the air pressure a bit and now run 39-40 psi at all four corners resulting in a noticeable improvement in ride quality. My sizes, for reference, are 265/40R21 (F) and 295/35R21 (R) so slightly different but not substantially so. For those considering a change, I can’t recommend it enough — prior to purchase/receipt of the MYP, I was stalking the For Sale threads for a set of M3P 20” Ubers however I am sooooo glad I stuck with the 21s and simply up-sized the rubber (thank you @Quorky and @Maximus2002 for giving me the courage) — the outcome is everything I wanted and more. Good luck all.

Reactions: Maximus2002

Im thinking of doing the same set. Keep us updated if your traction control system keeps going off. Good Luck!

Why not up sizing? 265/40 ZR 21 & 285/40 ZR 21. The fit is good, and the ride is even better. Also, wheels are completely protected against curb rushes. IMHO, these tires look way better than the original Pirelli tires.
@Maximus2002 , @MJP.P3D- and anyone else running 265/40R21 Pilot AS on MYP Ubers in the front, still no issues with rubbing? This setup makes so much sense, searched the threads and the only report of rubbing I can find is this one by @hideousorange:

When evaluating wrapping OEM 21" Ubers with Pilot AS4s vs an aftermarket square setup, does anyone know how much more tread life can be gained with the ability to rotate the square setup? I've never run a staggered setup on a car before, unsure how much tread life is forfeited when front to back tire rotation is not an option.

When evaluating wrapping OEM 21" Ubers with Pilot AS4s vs an aftermarket square setup, does anyone know how much more tread life can be gained with the ability to rotate the square setup? I've never run a staggered setup on a car before, unsure how much tread life is forfeited when front to back tire rotation is not an option.
One of my other cars has a staggered setup, which I also ran Michel Pilot Sport AS/3 on them as well as DWS-06... I got 20k miles on the rears, and had about half left on the fronts, but Discount Tire prorated the fronts, and allowed me to replace all 4.. When running squared, the most I could get out of them was 30k miles. Could have gone longer, based on tread depth, but wet traction was gone by then... DWS makes it easy to see, because there is a 3D "D", "W", and "S", on the tread... Where it stands for Dry, Wet, and Snow... Snow is done by 20k, and Wet was done by 30k.

For both the Michelin and Conti, they explicitly cut the treadware warranty in half, on staggered setups, for the rears. So that works out to about 20-25k miles for both, which is on par. The rears were done by 20k.

Reactions: mmatlock
@Maximus2002 , @MJP.P3D- and anyone else running 265/40R21 Pilot AS on MYP Ubers in the front, still no issues with rubbing? This setup makes so much sense, searched the threads and the only report of rubbing I can find is this one by @hideousorange:

No rubbing here as well, still very happy with them.

Reactions: mmatlock
They are the OEM 21"Uberturbines. I think the fronts are 9.5 or 10". Tried 265/40 but they rubbed so I went down to 265/35.
Ubertines are 21X9.5" Front, 21X10.5" Rear.

And re: your not fitting it's probably cuz you used a 40 aspect instead of the correct 35 aspect. The stock tires are really on the narrow side for the rim widths and thus defeats the built in tire protections, ie. curb rash. Below you can see the standard tire width vs rim width vs aspect chart at tirerack.

Sometimes I'm tempted to swap the rear 275s to the front and get a pair of 295 or 305 for the rear. The wife's already rashed 3 wheels lol. The Pzeros cannot wear fast enough lol.

I wonder why some are experiencing rubbing with the 265/40 and some are not.

Also, this thread is the first I've heard of traction control issues, which would be my main concern. On "old school" cars, changing wheels or tires could trigger TC, since the car senses slip by measuring differences in rotation between wheels. If you strayed too far from the stock sizes you could trigger it, as that is what the computer is expecting as zero-slip.