Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 vs Pilot Sport 4

bandido

Apr 16, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I am needing to replace my current Michelin Pilot Super Sports on 21" arachnids. I have the 21's and love the look, but not a great fan of the ride or the treadwear. I was able to get ~20k miles of medium to hard driving in Arizona. I am curious if anyone has driven the new Pilot AS4's vs the PS4's. I know from a pure performance perspective the PS4's are the best, but I do not track my car. Are the AS4's smoother/quieter? They have a better treadwear warranty? Thoughts?

Thanks!!

Reactions: jpk195

r1200gs4ok

Jul 17, 2019
Irvine
I am needing to replace my current Michelin Pilot Super Sports on 21" arachnids. I have the 21's and love the look, but not a great fan of the ride or the treadwear. I was able to get ~20k miles of medium to hard driving in Arizona. I am curious if anyone has driven the new Pilot AS4's vs the PS4's. I know from a pure performance perspective the PS4's are the best, but I do not track my car. Are the AS4's smoother/quieter? They have a better treadwear warranty? Thoughts?

Thanks!!
I had the same tires on my Lexus GS350.....rode great.....I had 3 sets and all 3 got 33k miles....mostly freeway commute from Irvine to San Jose and back.....expensive tire but rides good....little noise but with radio and a/c not too noticeable

I will try the new Conti's when I get rid of the Goodyear

Jun 6, 2016
Washington, DC
I just found out yesterday from Tire Rack that the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s that I ordered 3 weeks ago will be delayed. Original delivery date was mid July now they tell me mid September. Anyone have some insight into the reason for such a delay?

bandido

Apr 16, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
30,000 mile tread wear on the AS. Pretty quite and OEM. I just installed 4 new ones.
Do you have the 21's? I really am curious about the ride quality between the 4s's and Pilot sport AS4's in the 21" model.

From the Michelin website "6 Years / 45,000 Miles Half mileage for rear if different size than front" vs only 30,000 miles on the PS4's. In reality, anyone with 21" staggered setup has a 15k warranty with the PS4s and 22.5k warranty with the Pilot sport AS4...

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC