Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport EV: size issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last year, Michelin announced the Pilot Sport EV, but they really only made it to market this year. Now, if I look at the 2017 model S tire size in 21’’, I’ve got this:
Front: 245-35-21 Rear: 265-35-21

However, if I look at the sizes available on the Michelin website, it lists only in 255, 265 and 275: MICHELIN Pilot Sport EV Summer Road Tire

So, is it possible to put 255-35-21 on the front wheel or does it mean we simply can’t use the Michel Pilot Sport EV option until/unless they decide to make a 245?

Thanks for your lights.

It should be fine, provided the wheel width allows for 255 (it should if it's 8.5" or wider)
Guidance here

The overall diameter will increase by 7mm, giving a ride height increase of 3.5mm
Your speedo will be out by just under -1%, so at 30mph you'll be doing 29.7mph; at 60mph it will be 59.4mph, etc. This is well within safe tolerance.
Info - ignore the width & offset as they will be the same as they relate to the wheel itself. Only need to change these if changes the wheels to a different size/brand/etc.

Reactions: caligula666