Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport EV [tires]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just spoke to Michelin Customer Service.

The Pilot Sport EV will be available to purchase July 1, 2021 in the following sizes:

255/45R19
235/45R20
255/40R20
255/35R21
275/35R21

So 18” Aero Wheel people (including myself) are out of luck.

Looks like the Primacy MXM4’s again for me. Was hoping for a less expensive option but I’m finding out there’s nothing out there that at least meets the specs of the MXM4’s.

I may try the premature wear warranty credit option when the time comes. Should help bring the price down a bit. For me I was offered 25% off.

BTW Pilot Sport EV will have the acoustic foam but no rim rash protection.

Typical Michelin (and not only) MO of introducing a new tire in just a few sizes and specs initially. Sad they didnt even cover the OE sizes for Model 3 or non-P Model Y in 18/19/20 wheel sizes.

(previous msg) "So 18” Aero Wheel people (including myself) are out of luck."
What on earth are they thinking? Who did they make these PS-EV tires for if not for Model 3 owners? I bet there are more potential 18" Aero tire customers out there (actively shopping for new tires) than for all other passenger EV wheel sizes combined (certainly in the US and possibly just in California and other summer-tire areas).

I'm very disappointed, as I'm likely getting down to the last few months on my 18" 245 PS4S tires and was hoping to try the new PS-EV. I chose this tire because I wanted a wider tire than the 18" 235 TO PS4S and have been very happy with these so I'll probably get another set, though they do come with an efficiency hit of about 5-10%. (My OEM MXM average was 262 Wh/mi and my PS4S average is closer to 280, and seems to vary quite a bit, worse on city start/stop and much closer in freeway driving.) That said, with better wet/dry handling and braking, long range battery, and ever-increasing charging infrastructure here in California (and beyond), the hit to range with the PS4S hasn't been a huge issue.

Note to anyone who doesn't already know: Use the Trip screen to monitor consumption if you're ever concerned about "making it" to your destination.